Starting on January 1, 2015, the Delta SkyMiles program will allow you to earn miles based on ticket price and enjoy easier award redemptions.
Miles will be earned based on ticket price instead of distance flown, so the more you spend on Delta tickets, the more miles you’ll earn.
There will also be more redemption options with increased Award Seat availability at the lowest price points.
Your existing SkyMiles are safe and are no different from the miles that you will earn in 2015, except that these changes are designed to make them more valuable.
Earning Delta SkyMiles in 2015
- Miles earned toward Award Travel will be based on ticket price.
- General SkyMiles members will earn 5 miles per $1 spent.
- Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members will continue to earn an additional 2 miles per $1 spent on Delta purchases with the card, so as a general SkyMiles member with a Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, you could earn 7 miles per $1.
Redeeming Delta SkyMiles in 2015
- Miles can be redeemed for any Delta flight with no blackout dates.
- More Award Seats will be available at the lowest price levels.
- New 1-Way Awards will be available.
- New Miles + Cash Award options will be available.
- An all-new Award Ticket search and shopping platform will be introduced on Delta.com.
Earning SkyMiles Medallion Status in 2015
- The way you earn Medallion status is not changing. Status is earned each year through a combination of miles or segments flown and your annual spending on Delta flights.
- Medallion members will continue to enjoy the same elite benefits that you do now.
All new Delta SkyMiles program features go into effect on January 1, 2015.
Check out delta.com/skymiles2015 for more details and to use the Mileage Comparison Calculator to see how you’ll be rewarded in the 2015 program.