American Express Platinum card members can now get a $200 airline fee credit as well as other American Express special benefits.
American Express consumer and business Platinum card members can now get a new premium suite of benefits that will save you time and money.
Beginning today, American Express Platinum Card members will receive the following new benefits:
1. $200 Airline Fee Credit – Every year, American Express will cover up to $200 of incidental airline fees that are charged on the card member’s enrolled card on a selected airline. Upon enrollment, the $200 Airline Fee Credit can apply to fees such as baggage fees, flight change fees, in-flight food, and airport lounge day passes.
2. 20% Travel Bonus – When card members use Membership Rewards Pay with Points to pay for part or all of your travel including airlines, hotels, cruises, and vacation packages, you will get 20% of those points credited back to your account.
3. American Express Travel App – This complimentary mobile app will help keep you informed with flight alerts, an airport lounge locator, airport guides, and more.
American Express Platinum Cards
The American Express Platinum Consumer Card offers exclusive Platinum member benefits as well as a cash bonus for new applicants.
The American Express Platinum Business Card is ideal for small businesses that want employee benefits and business rewards.
American Express $200 Airline Fee Credit
Register for this AMEX $200 Airline Fee Credit Promotion if you have a Platinum or Centurion card from American Express.
This benefit is available to Consumer and Business Platinum Card and Centurion members only.
To receive statement credits of up to $200 a year toward incidental air travel fees, you must enroll and choose a qualifying airline at www.americanexpress.com/PlatinumAirlineChoice.
Only the Basic Card member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the card account can enroll and select the qualifying airline.
Card members who have not chosen a qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time.
It can take up to 48 hours post enrollment and airline choice for the benefit to be effective.
Card members who have already selected a qualifying airline will not be able to change your choice until December of each calendar year, at which time you may change your airline choice for the following calendar year.
Card members who do not change your airline selection will remain with your current airline.
Incidental air travel fees must be charged on the enrolled card account for the benefit to apply.
Incidental air travel fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges.
Fees that do not qualify for statement credits are wireless Internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners (incidental transactions must be charged by the card member’s airline choice).
The airline must submit the incidental air travel fees under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be eligible.
Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card members on the enrolled card account are eligible for statement credits.
Each card account is eligible for up to a total of $200 a year in statement credits, regardless of the number of cards on the account.
You must allow 2 to 4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your card account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the account.
Card members can call the number on the back of the card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase.
Card members are responsible for payment of all charges until the statement credit(s) posts to the account.
To be eligible for this benefit, card account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of statement credit fulfillment.
American Express Press Release
AMERICAN EXPRESS LAUNCHES NEW TRAVEL BENEFITS FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS, MAKING TRAVEL MORE REWARDING IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
$200 Airline Fee Credit, 20% Travel Bonus and Travel App Join the List of Travel Benefits Available on the Card.
NEW YORK – December 1, 2010 – Just in time for the holiday travel rush, American Express Platinum Card members can now take advantage of a new suite of benefits launched today that is worth hundreds of dollars – including an Airline Fee Credit of up to $200, a 20% Travel Bonus and a Travel App. These new benefits, combined with existing ones, reinforce the Platinum Card as a smart choice for travelers looking to get more value for their money and time during the holidays and all year-round.
Card members can enroll, earn and download the following new benefits beginning today at americanexpress.com/transformtravel:
1. $200 Airline Fee Credit – Card members can check a bag or enjoy an in-flight meal on American Express. American Express will cover up to $200 per year of incidental airline fees that are charged on the Card member’s enrolled Platinum Card on their selected airline. The $200 Airline Fee Credit can apply to baggage fees, flight change fees, in-flight food and airport lounge day passes. Twice as nice: Card members who enroll and select the qualifying airline of choice online at americanexpress.com/transformtravel on December 1 will receive the full 2010 benefit for use the remainder of the month. And on January 1, 2011, their benefit will reset and they will have up to $200 throughout the calendar year.
2. 20% Travel Bonus – Platinum Card members can now redeem points and earn 20% of those points back every time. When Card members use the Membership Rewards Pay with Points feature to pay for part or all of their travel including airlines, hotels, cruises and vacation packages, they will get 20% of those points credited back to their account to bring them closer to their next trip. For example, if a Card member redeems 30,000 points to pay for an airline ticket, American Express will credit 6,000 points to the Card member’s Membership Rewards account. Notably, the Pay with Points feature allows Card members to purchase any category of ticket, on any airline, at any time, with no blackout dates or restrictions. Rather than trying to redeem mileage rewards points during high-traffic holidays that can come with airline restrictions and blackout dates, American Express offers a liberating point redemption option.
3. American Express Travel App – Card members now have access to a new complimentary mobile app, valued at $49/year, which acts like a personal travel assistant. The app provides the ultimate trip management experience by bringing together a suite of mobile travel tools available in TripIt Pro to include: an easy way to organize and share travel plans, real time flight updates, and more. The mobile app also provides access to an airport guide, a seat expert and a travel directory of commonly used phone numbers. To learn more about the mobile app, Card members can visit www.AmericanExpress.com/transformtravel.
“At American Express, we are focused on providing our Card members value, service and access in a world of black-out dates, restrictions and unexpected delays,” said Robin Korn, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Charge Cards, American Express. “Now more than ever, the Platinum Card truly pays for itself and provides travelers exceptional value every step of the journey – from booking to boarding and beyond.”
Existing Suite of Core Travel Benefits
The new benefits complement the core existing ones that include:
Airport Lounge Access: The Platinum Card from American Express grants complimentary access into many domestic airport club lounges including American Airlines Admirals Club®, Delta Sky ClubTM and our newest partner, US Airways Club. That is $1,400 worth of club memberships each year. In addition to the comfort and privacy this provides, it is especially helpful during winter snow and storm delays as travelers can head straight to the airline lounge for easy and immediate re-booking.
Fine Hotels & Resorts Program: Card members who stay at one of more than 650 exceptional properties that are a part of the Fine Hotels & Resorts Program will receive a room upgrade (upon availability), daily continental breakfast for two, 4 p.m. late check-out and an additional special amenity worth a minimum of $450 per stay.
Platinum Travel Service and Platinum Card Concierge: Card members have access to the Platinum Travel Service – 24-hours a day, 365 days a year – to help them plan both business and leisure trips. And the Platinum Card Concierge service can round out the travel experience by helping secure restaurant reservations, tickets to attractions and shows and more.
For complete terms and conditions on all new and existing benefits, please visit americanexpress.com/transformtravel.
About the Platinum Card from American Express
Launched in 1984, the Platinum Card from American Express was the first of its kind in the market and meets the needs and desires of the affluent consumer. For more than 25 years, American Express has continued to evolve and enhance the Card by adding new benefits and services to meet the changing needs of Card members. Today, the Platinum Card offers more than 40 distinctive benefits and services, including: airport club access, special amenities such as room upgrades and guaranteed late check-outs at more than 650 of the world’s most luxurious hotels and resorts; and access to once-in-a-lifetime “By Invitation Only” experiences from private events with leading designers throughout NY/Milan Fashion weeks to access to tennis champions at Wimbledon. Platinum Card members also enjoy an exceptional level of personal service through our dedicated team of customer care professionals within Platinum Card Customer Service, Concierge and Travel Service. The Platinum Card also provides Card members with a wide array of incremental travel and retail protections that are synonymous with the American Express brand and reputation.
The Business Platinum Card offered by OPEN from American Express is designed specifically to meet the needs and desires of the small business owner and delivers the purchasing power, flexibility, control and rewards to help customers run their business. Through its Global Commercial Card group, American Express also offers the Corporate Platinum Card, featuring exclusive benefits and world-class services for senior executives. To learn more, visit americanexpress.com/platinum.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at www.americanexpress.com and connect with us on www.facebook.com/americanexpress, www.twitter.com/americanexpress and www.youtube.com/americanexpress.
Check out these additional American Express Card Offers for more American Express credit cards and charge cards.
Get a $200 airline fee credit if you have an American Express Platinum or Centurion card.