You can get bonus miles toward free flights when you apply for a new airline rewards credit card.
Credit cards with airline rewards are an excellent way to save on airfare and earn free flights if you are a frequent flyer, plus they offer special travel benefits when you fly.
Many airline cards offer new applicants enough bonus miles after qualifying purchases to redeem for a free flight.
Check out these airline rewards card promotions to earn bonus miles and free flights on your favorite airline.
Current Airline Reward Credit Card Promotions
These airline rewards cards are designed to be used by frequent flyers on specific airlines.
AeroMexico – 20,000 Bonus Miles
Check out these AeroMexico Airline Rewards Cards to earn 20,000 bonus miles for new applicants, plus get 5,000 bonus miles when you refer your friends.
Air Canada – up to 50,000 Bonus Miles
Check out the Aeroplan Rewards Credit Cards to earn up to 50,000 bonus miles and Distinction status with Air Canada.
AIR MILES – 2,000 Bonus Miles
Get the BMO AIR MILES World MasterCard to earn up to 2,000 bonus AIR MILES toward 2 short haul flights, available through August 31, 2014, for permanent Canadian residents.
Read our AirTran Rewards Card Review for more details.
Alaska Airlines – Up to 25,000 Bonus Miles
The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card offers 25,000 bonus miles upon approval as well as a $99 annual companion fare. You’ll also earn 3 miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines flights and vacation packages and 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else.
Check out this Alaska Airlines Card Bonus Miles Offer for more details.
American Airlines – 30,000 Bonus Miles
Check out this American Airlines Bonus Card Offer to earn extra AAdvantage® miles on all of your card purchases.
You may also be interested in this American Airlines Business Rewards Card for business travelers.
Additionally, there is a special 100,000 American Airlines Credit Card Bonus available for a limited time.
Avianca and TACA Airlines – 20,000 Bonus Miles
Read our LifeMiles Rewards Credit Card Review for more details.
British Airways – 100,000 Bonus Avios
There is a 100,000 British Airways Credit Card Bonus Avios Promotion available for a limited time.
Plus, you can earn a free companion ticket with qualifying purchases each year.
Delta Air Lines – 30,000 Bonus Miles
Check out this Gold Delta SkyMiles Card Promotion for more details.
Frontier Airlines – Up to 50,000 Miles
Learn more about this Frontier Airlines Credit Card Promotion to earn a roundtrip flight award.
Hawaiian Airlines – 35,000 Bonus Miles
- Earn 35,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days*
- Enjoy a complimentary 1st checked bag for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase eligible tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Receive a one-time 50% off a companion discount on roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 2X miles on direct purchases from Hawaiian Airlines and 1X miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Get $100 off a companion ticket for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines at each account anniversary
- Earn 5,000 annual bonus miles after $10,000 in annual spend
- See Terms and Conditions for details
Read our Hawaiian Airlines Card Review for additional details.
JetBlue – 20,000 Bonus TrueBlue Points
Get the JetBlue Card from American Express to earn 20,000 TrueBlue points after $1,000 in purchases within 3 months, plus the annual fee is waived for the first year.
LAN Airlines – 20,000 Bonus Miles
Read more details about the LAN Rewards Credit Card to earn bonus miles on LAN Airlines.
Lufthansa Airlines – Up to 35,000 Miles
The Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard® is currently offering 20,000 bonus miles after your first purchase or balance transfer, plus up to 15,000 miles with balance transfers (1 mile per $1 transferred) within 30 days of account opening.
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn up to 15,000 award miles with balance transfers (1 mile per $1 transferred) within 30 days of account opening
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners
- Earn 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Annual Companion Ticket after first purchase
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
- Redeem miles for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Star Alliance airlines and other partners
- $79 Annual Fee, waived for SEN and HON Circle Members
Read our Lufthansa Credit Card Bonus review for more details.
Southwest Airlines – 50,000 Bonus Points
Check out the Southwest Rapid Rewards Cards to earn 50,000 bonus points after $2,000 in purchases within 3 months.
Plus, you can earn up to 15,000 bonus points for balance transfers and up to 6,000 bonus points annually on your card member anniversary.
Spirit Airlines – 15,000 Bonus Miles
Apply for the Spirit Airlines Rewards Credit Card to earn 15,000 bonus miles after your first purchase, 5,000 bonus miles annually when you spend $10,000 within 1 year, and an extra 5,000 bonus miles for each new card member that you refer.
United Airlines – 30,000 Bonus Miles
Read our United MileagePlus Explorer Card Review for additional details.
US Airways – 40,000 Bonus Miles
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag free on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
The US Airways Premier World MasterCard offers Dividend Miles on all of your purchases, plus you’ll receive companion tickets and other travel benefits with US Airways.
Read more about this alternative US Airways Credit Card Bonus Offer for even more reward miles.
Virgin America – Up to 15,000 Bonus Points
Review the Virgin America Visa Signature Cards to earn up to 15,000 Elevate bonus points, $150 off a companion ticket every year, a free first checked bag, and more benefits.
Virgin Atlantic – Up to 65,000 Bonus Miles
Apply for the Virgin Atlantic Card Promotion to earn up to 65,000 bonus miles in your first year.
Plus, get free companion tickets and more with qualified spending.
Air Travel Rewards Credit Cards
These airline rewards cards can be used to earn and redeem rewards through any participating airline.
Barclaycard Arrival Credit Cards
Review the Barclaycard Arrival Rewards Cards to earn miles toward flights on any airline as well as other travel-related purchases like hotels, car rentals, cruises, and more.
Navy Federal Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Card
The Visa Signature Flagship Rewards Credit Card from Navy Federal Credit Union offers 60,000 bonus points after $3,000 in purchases within 90 days, which is enough for a $600 airline ticket redemption.
Check out this Navy Federal Flagship Rewards Card offer for more details.
If you fly frequently, then take advantage of these credit cards with airline rewards to earn free flights and save money when you travel.
How to Use Airline Rewards Credit Cards
Some airline rewards credit cards are specifically compatible with your Favorite Airline Rewards Program, or you can also opt for an airline travel reward card that can be redeemed for flight rewards on multiple airlines.
If you fly frequently, then you should definitely consider an airline rewards credit card to help you accumulate more airline miles and get more free flights.
These airline credit cards help you save money when you travel, and you’ll earn miles towards free flights on all of your purchases, not just when you buy airline tickets.
Plus, these flight reward cards offer special bonus mile promotions to new applicants, so you can earn a free flight after qualifying purchases as well as other new account benefits.
There are also many business airline rewards cards available to help business owners save money on your airline travel expenses.
Check out these consumer and business airline reward cards that are available when you fly on any airline as well as airline reward credit cards for specific airlines.
Apply for an airline rewards card to save money if you are a frequent flyer or if you just want to earn miles towards a free flight for all of your purchases.