Check out these prepaid cards that offer guaranteed approval for applicants with no credit checks.
Prepaid debit cards can be used anywhere Visa or MasterCard cards are accepted, so they’re perfect if you have a poor credit history, but still need access to a prepaid card for certain purchases.
If you’ve been declined for other cards, because you have a poor credit history, low credit score, or no credit record, and you need a card for select purchases, consider applying for a prepaid card with automatic approval.
Prepaid cards offer many benefits for poor credit consumers that can’t qualify for regular cards, but they may require additional fees, so it’s important to use them carefully and understand the terms and conditions of your prepaid card.
100% Guaranteed Approval
Prepaid cards offer guaranteed approval with no credit checks, so subprime applicants can be automatically approved for prepaid cards regardless of your credit history, even if you have very poor credit or no credit at all.
Prepaid cards are designed for people with bad credit or a limited credit history, so you’ll automatically qualify for these subprime cards, since there are no credit checks or employment requirements to be approved.
Prepaid cards can be used anywhere standard cards can be used, as they have either a Visa or MasterCard logo, so you can use prepaid cards to rent cars, make online payments, pay bills, or make any other purchases wherever these cards are accepted.
Prepaid Credit Lines
Unlike Credit Cards that extend you a revolving line of credit, prepaid cards require you to pay for your purchases in advance by depositing funds into an account, from which your card payments will be withdrawn.
Your prepaid card purchase limit will be equal to the amount of money that you deposit into your prepaid card account, so you can never accidentally spend over the credit limit.
You can deposit funds into your prepaid card from your bank account, via direct deposit of your paycheck, by telephone, or at various merchant locations.
Many prepaid cards don’t pay interest on your deposited funds, but the deposit accounts are usually FDIC-insured, and you can close your prepaid card and withdraw your funds at any time.
Prepaid Card Fees
There may be various fees associated with prepaid cards, such as processing fees, monthly fees, or transaction fees, so be sure to review the terms and conditions carefully before applying for subprime cards.
However, if you use prepaid cards carefully, prepaid cards can be advantageous, and the fees may be worth the benefits of having a MasterCard or Visa card.
A few prepaid cards still report your account to major credit bureaus, such as Experian, Equifax, or TransUnion, so some prepaid cards can help you improve your credit history and increase your credit score.
Other prepaid cards report to minor credit-reporting bureaus, but that won’t help you improve your credit worthiness or increase your credit score, because Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion are still the industry standard credit bureaus that creditors use to review your credit history.
However, many prepaid cards do not report to credit bureaus, so make sure you apply for a prepaid card that reports to credit bureaus if you need to establish a positive credit history and improve your credit scores.
Secured Credit Cards may be a better option if you want a credit card that reports to credit bureaus to improve your credit history and increase your credit score, as secured cards are also designed for poor credit consumers.
Prepaid Debit Cards
Apply and be automatically approved for these prepaid cards.
AccountNow Prepaid Visa® Card
Both the AccountNow Visa and AccountNow MasterCard prepaid cards offer the same great features.
- $0 Monthly Fee
- No Minimum Balance
- No Credit Check. No Overdraft Fee.
- Free† Direct Deposit and Online Bill Payment
- Use it everywhere Visa Debit Card accepted
- Now with Purchase Rewards
- Perfect for Occasional Usage
AccountNow™ Prepaid MasterCard®
The AccountNow Visa and MasterCard cards offer the same great prepaid card benefits.
- $0 Monthly Fee
- No Credit Check or ChexSystems check
- Instant Account Number
- Free† Direct Deposit – paycheck, benefits, tax refunds
- Easy 24/7 Online Account Access
- Earn Purchase Rewards and Refer-a-Friend Cash Bonus
- Use it Everywhere Mastercard Debit card accepted
Prepaid Visa® Black Diamond RushCard
- Get your government benefits up to two days early with Direct Deposit. *Certain restrictions apply. See card site for details.
- Easy Online Bill Pay – pay bills, rent, or write personal checks.
- Safer than carrying cash, use everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
- No overdraft fees.
- Conveniently send and receive money to and from family and friends with card to card transfers.
- Members now have access to over 23,000 fee-free MoneyPass ATMs from coast-to-coast. Get cash or check your balance — free of charge.
BuyRight Prepaid MasterCard®
- Get access to your money up to 2 days faster* with Free Direct Deposit
- New – Choose your card design at no cost
- Guaranteed Rewards – Earn when you spend for Prepaid Cell Minutes, iTunes, RedBox, Starbucks and More**
- Online Billpay – pay bills, rent, or write personal checks
- No credit check, No bounced check fees, No overdraft fees – Ever!
- Travel in style – Rent cars, reserve hotels, shop online safely.
Review our Credit Card Directory for more information on a variety of credit cards.
Prepaid cards are a great option if you have a poor credit history and can’t qualify for other cards, as prepaid cards offer guaranteed approval with no credit checks.