American Express Small Business Saturday is coming back on November 28, 2015.
In 2015, American Express card members were able to earn 3 separate $10 statement credits per card for up to a $30 bonus per card for making purchases at local small businesses on Small Business Saturday.
The 2015 details have not yet been released, but we will update this article as more information becomes available.
Just visit the Small Business Saturday Registration Page to register your American Express card for this offer once it becomes available.
I was disappointed when the bonus was decreased from $25 to $10 for 2013, but it was nice that they increased the bonus to a total of $30 per card for 2014, although you had to make 3 separate purchases for a $10 statement credit per purchase.
I can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2015.
2014 Small Business Saturday Details
You can review the Terms and Conditions for Small Business Saturday in 2014.
To receive the $10 statement credit, you must use your registered card to spend $10 or more in a single, in-store transaction at a participating small business on Saturday, November 29, 2014.
There is a limit of 3 $10 statement credits per eligible American Express card, so you can earn a total of $30 per card this year with 3 separate $10 purchases.
Eligible American Express cards include all American Express cards except corporate cards and prepaid card products.
However, both Bluebird and Serve cards are eligible this year.
In addition, you can register multiple American Express cards for this offer, so you can earn a $30 statement credit for each of your American Express cards.
The statement credits will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after November 29, 2014, but it usually appears much sooner after your purchase.
Enroll your American Express card to earn up to 3 $10 bonuses per card on Small Business Saturday.
Small Business Saturday Terms
1. Limit three (3) $10 statement credits per eligible American Express Card. To receive the offer, Card Members must register any eligible American Express Card for this offer. Corporate Cards and all prepaid Card products (other than American Express Serve and Bluebird) are not eligible.
Registration may be performed via any of the following ways:
- By completing the registration form accessible via ShopSmall.com.
- By logging in to your account at americanexpress.com and clicking on the ‘Amex Offers’ tab or ‘Small Business Saturday’ offer tile in ‘Amex Offers & Benefits’.
- By logging into the American Express App and visiting the ‘Offers For You’ tab in the ‘Membership’ section.
- By adding the offer directly to your connected Card via amex.co/facebook.
- By tweeting #AmexShopSmall to add the offer directly to your connected Card.
2. The number of registrations is limited. Registration opens at 12:00 A.M. MST (“Mountain Standard Time”) on Nov 16, 2014 and will continue until 11:59 P.M. MST on Nov 29, 2014, unless the registration limit is reached sooner.
3. To receive the $10 statement credit, the Card Member must use his or her registered Card to spend $10 or more in a single, in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location on Saturday, Nov 29, 2014. For example, if your transaction is only for $5, you will not receive a credit. Multiple transactions of less than $10 will not qualify even if the combined total of those transactions is over $10. You may purchase multiple items that together equal $10 or more, but you must purchase them in a single transaction to receive the statement credit. Online transactions do not qualify.
4. Qualifying small business locations appear on the Shop Small® Map available at ShopSmall.com. Please note that the businesses listed on the Shop Small Map may change. In addition, business location and other information provided on the Shop Small Map may contain inaccuracies or errors, including as a result of information provided by third parties. Transactions with political campaigns or political action committees as well as purchases at gas or service stations do not qualify for the statement credit, regardless of whether they appear on the Shop Small Map.
5. If American Express does not receive information that identifies a transaction as having occurred in-store at a qualifying small business location on Nov 29, 2014, the transaction will not qualify for the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.
6. The statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after Nov 29, 2014, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase as described above. Note that American Express may not receive information that identifies your transaction as a qualifying transaction if the items from your purchase are not all provided to you on Nov 29, 2014. For example, if you purchase an item that is not available until after Nov 29, 2014, that item will not count towards determining whether your transaction qualifies for the offer.
7. The statement credit may be reversed if the qualifying purchase is returned or cancelled.
Enroll your American Express card in Small Business Saturyday to get 3 $10 bonuses at a local small business on November 29th.
Check out these American Express Credit Card Rewards for current promotional offers on American Express cards.
Learn more about Preparing for Small Business Saturday to get ready for the big day.
If you have a small business, you can also participate in the Small Business Saturday promotion to promote your local store.
Register your AMEX card to get a $10 statement credit up to 3 times per card on Small Business Saturday and support your local businesses.