The Chase Savings Account is a simple deposit account that earns interest with the security of FDIC insurance and flexible options to avoid the monthly service fee.
Plus, you can Get $150 When You Open a New Chase Savings Account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days.
Chase Savings Account Review
Chase Savings Accounts provide a variety of convenient banking services, including access to Chase Online Banking, mobile banking apps, the Chase Automatic Savings Program, and access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches.
This is the perfect starter bank account for kids and teenagers, as there is no monthly serve fee when you are under 18 years of age, and you only need $25 to open your new account.
Alternatively, if you also sign up for the Chase Total Checking Account, Chase will waive the monthly service fee for your Chase Savings Account when you have at least 1 repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more each month.
Even if you just open a Chase Savings Account, it’s easy to avoid the $5 monthly service fee by maintaining a $300 minimum daily balance OR by linking your Chase Premier Plus Checking Account.
Chase Savings Account Features and Benefits
- $25 minimum opening deposit.
- FDIC Insurance.
- Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches.
- Account Alerts via text or email.
- Chase Mobile App.
- Chase Online Banking.
- Chase Automatic Savings Program.
- Earns Interest.
- Overdraft Protection for your linked Chase checking account.
Avoiding Monthly Service Fees with Chase Savings Account
There are 4 options to avoid the $5 monthly service fee:
- A minimum daily balance of $300 or more in your account, OR
- Have at least 1 repeating automatic transfer of $25 or more from your personal Chase checking account each month (available only through Chase Online Banking), OR
- Be under 18 years of age, OR
- Link your Chase Premier Plus Checking, Chase Premier Platinum Checking, or Chase Private Client Checking account.
Chase Savings Account Summary
The Chase Savings Account is a great option for basic banking features with easy requirements to avoid the monthly maintenance fees.
You can access your account 24/7 via Chase Online Banking or their mobile apps.
You can also transfer balances from your Chase checking to your Chase Savings Accounts at any time.
If you’re looking for a simple savings account with convenience access to Chase Bank branches and ATMs nationwide, then consider the Chase Savings Account for its many benefits.