The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card offers 30,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months, plus an additional 20,000 bonus points when you spend $15,000 in your first year.
You’ll also earn 3X points on popular categories including Eat & Drink, Ride & Drive, Fly & Stay, and Watch & Listen, all with no annual fee.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card Features
- Earn 30,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – redeemable for a $300 cash redemption value.
- Earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $15,000 in purchases in the first year – redeemable for a $200 cash redemption value.
- Earn 3X points for eating out and ordering in.
- Earn 3X points for gas stations, rideshares and transit.
- Earn 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals.
- Earn 1X points on other purchases.
- $0 annual fee.
- 0% intro APR for 9 months on purchases and balance transfers.
Check out the Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card for more details and to apply for this new credit card from Wells Fargo today.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card Review
New Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card members will earn 30,000 bonus points after you make $3,000 in purchases on the card within your first 3 months of account opening.
For a limited time, you will earn 20,000 bonus points after you make $15,000 in purchases on the card within your first 12 months of account opening.
You may still qualify for the 20,000 bonus rewards points even if you do not earn the 30,000 bonus in the first 3 months.
The bonus rewards points will show as redeemable within 1 to 2 billing periods following the end of the offer period if you meet the qualifications.
You’ll earn 3 points per $1 spent on restaurants, gas stations, rideshares, transit, flights, hotels, homesteads, car rentals and popular streaming services, and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
There is no limit to the amount of points that you can earn with the Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card, and your points will never expire.
You’ll also get additional card benefits such as: access to AMEX Offers for shopping, dining, travel and more savings; dining discounts and more at participating restaurants; early access to concert, theater and special event tickets; and up to $600 protection against damage or theft to your cell phone.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card 3X Point Categories
You’ll earn 3 rewards points (1 base point plus 2 bonus points) per $1 spent on net purchases at retailers whose merchant code for American Express is classified as:
Travel Categories for 3X Points
- Passenger railway.
- Vehicle/auto rental.
- Cruise lines.
- Travel agencies.
- Discount travel sites.
- Passenger trains.
- Toll bridges and highways.
- Parking lots and garages.
Gas Categories for 3X Points
- Gas station and automated fuel dispensers.
- Gas purchases at warehouse/membership clubs, grocery stores, car washes, auto repair stores, and superstores that sell gasoline may not be coded as gas stations or automated fuel dispensers.
Dining Categories for 3X Points
- Eating places and restaurants.
- Drinking places.
- Fast food restaurants.
- Caterers, bakeries, grocery stores, and other miscellaneous places that serve food or operate restaurants on their premises are not considered eating places and restaurants.
Online Streaming Services for 3X Points
- Apple Music.
- Sirius XM Radio Inc.
- Spotify Premium.
You will earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other net purchases.
Unqualified Points Purchases
You may not earn bonus points for purchases made through third-party payment accounts, at online marketplaces, with retailers who submit purchases using a mobile/wireless card reader, or if you use a mobile or digital wallet.
ATM transactions, cash advances of any kind, balance transfers, SUPERCHECKS, cash equivalents such as money orders and prepaid gift cards, wire transfers, fees or interest posted to a linked account, including (but not limited to) returned payment fees, late fees, and monthly or annual fees, do not earn points.
Eligibility for Bonus Points with Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card
You may not be eligible for the bonus rewards points if you opened a Wells Fargo Credit Card within the last 15 months from the date of this application and you received bonus rewards offers — even if that account is closed and has a $0 balance.
You may not qualify for an additional Wells Fargo Credit Card if you have opened a Wells Fargo Credit Card in the last 6 months.
If you qualify for the 50,000 bonus points, the Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card is a good way to earn 3X points in a variety of useful categories with no annual fee.
You may also consider this Wells Fargo Cash Wise Card Promotion to earn a $200 bonus and cash back rewards on all of your purchases.