Robinhood Crypto offers commission-free investing in cryptocurrencies with support for buying, selling, and real-time market data for Bitcoin and Ethereum.
If you already have the Robinhood Free Stock Trading App, you can now invest commission-free in cryptocurrencies, stocks, ETFs, and options all side-by-side in a single account with no minimums to get started.
Robinhood Crypto allows you to invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum with no trade commissions to buy or sell cryptocurrencies.
You can also get instant access to your funds when you deposit cash or sell stocks to buy cryptocurrencies, so that you’ll never be delayed from an investment opportunity.
Robinhood Crypto is currently offering Bitcoin and Ethereum trading in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin with more states coming soon.
If you live in a qualifying state and already have a Robinhood account, visit crypto.robinhood.com to get early access to Robinhood Crypto.
You can otherwise Get a Free Share of Stock when you sign up for a Robinhood brokerage account, and then request access to Robinhood Crypto through the app, so that you can take advantage of the bonus.
About Robinhood Crypto
- All Robinhood Crypto trades are completely commission free.
- Robinhood Crypto supports buying, selling, and real-time market data for: Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH).
- Robinhood Crypto also supports real-time market data for: Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Dash (DASH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Ethereum Classic (ETC), Lisk (LSK), Litecoin (LTC), Monero (XMR), NEO (NEO), OmiseGO (OMG), Qtum (QTUM), Ripple (XRP), Stellar (XLM), and Zcash (ZEC) (you cannot buy or sell these cryptocurrencies at this time).
- You can place an order to buy or sell cryptocurrencies at any fractional amount above 0.00001 BTC and 0.001 ETH.
- You can place market orders and limit orders for cryptocurrencies in your Robinhood Crypto account.
- Market Orders: To help protect you against dramatic price moves, your order will not execute if the price of the cryptocurrency moves more than 5% lower than its price at the time you placed a market sell order, or more than 1% higher than its price when you placed a market buy order, until it comes back within the range.
- Limit Orders: A limit order is an order placed to buy or sell a specified amount of a financial instrument at a specified price or better.
- If you have a Robinhood account, you get instant access to your funds to up to $1,000.
- You cannot withdraw your cryptocurrencies to another wallet or transfer your existing cryptocurrencies into Robinhood Crypto at this time (only buying and selling of cryptos is available for investment purposes).
Robinhood Crypto is an extremely simple and commission-free platform for investing in cryptocurrencies, especially if you already have the Robinhood app downloaded.
You may also wish to try the Voyager Cryptocurrency Trading Platform for easy crypto investing with no trade commissions.