Amex Express Checkout is an online payment service, similar to PayPal, that lets American Express card members who have an AmericanExpress.com account complete purchases with participating online retailers.
Plus, you can get 2 additional Membership Rewards points per $1 spent when you use your eligible American Express Card with Amex Express Checkout at participating merchants until May 17, 2018, for a maximum of 5,000 additional points.
Participating Merchants Include:
- Neiman Marcus
- COLE HAAN
- Get 2 additional Membership Reward points (for a total of 3 points) for each dollar spent on purchases made online only using Amex Express Checkout with an eligible American Express Card enrolled in the Membership Rewards program participating merchants.
- Participating merchants include all 1-800-Flowers brands, Avis, Budget, B&H, Boxed, Cole Haan, Crate & Barrel, Gilt, GrubHub/Seamless, Neiman Marcus, Newegg, Staples, Ticketmaster and Walmart.
- Not valid on alcohol purchases on Boxed.
- You must have an online account with American Express, provide your username and password to make a purchase using Amex Express Checkout, and select an American Express Card enrolled in the Membership Rewards Program as the method of payment.
- This offer ends 5/17/2018, and there is a limit of 5,000 additional Membership Rewards points per eligible Card.
- These additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of the Membership Rewards program.
- For Amex Everyday Card products, when they calculate the additional points benefit, points awarded under this offer will not be included.
- Additional points will be credited to your Membership rewards program account within 90 days after qualifying purchases appear on your billing statement.
- Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date).
- If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points.
- To receive the additional points, your Card account must not be past due or cancelled at the time the statement credit is posted to your Card account.
- They may not credit additional points to, or they may take away additional points that have been credited to, your program account if the qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled.
You may not be able to find a purchase worth making at all of these online merchants, but it’s interesting to note that Newegg.com sells gift cards from many different retailers, so that may be a good option to maximize this promotion if you have multiple American Express online accounts, and you can review this article by Miles to Memories for more details on how to take advantage of this option.
How To Use Amex Express Checkout
1. Look for the Amex Express Checkout banner during checkout when you shop online at participating merchants.
2. Enter your American Express login.
3. They will autofill your billing and card information.
4. Simply confirm and complete your order.
Take advantage of this opportunity to earn an additional 2 Membership Rewards points at participating merchants with Amex Express Checkout.