The Point Debit Card offers 5X points on subscriptions, 3X points on deliveries and rideshares, and 1X points on everything else in addition to a variety of card benefits like purchase insurance, trip cancelation insurance, no international travel fees, and a virtual Point Card number.
For a limited time through April 28, 2021, you can earn 10,000 bonus points ($100 value) on your new Point Card when you complete your first purchase for any amount (usually requires $1,000 in spending).
To earn the $100 Point Card bonus, you must sign up through a current member’s referral link, and you can access a Point Card referral link below that was provided by a reader.
Through the Point Card Refer-A-Friend Program, you can earn an additional 10,000 bonus points ($100 value) for each new member that you refer who completes their first purchase for any amount (usually requires $1,000 in spending).
However, there is a $49 annual fee for the Point Card, but there is no credit check required to join, and you can cancel your Point Card subscription at any time.
With this special $100 bonus offer, you will still qualify for a $51 bonus after the $49 annual fee is debited from your account, so it’s still a good deal if you are interested in using the Point Card.
Check out the Point Card for a rewards-earning debit card and mobile app with a variety of benefits, so that you can avoid credit card debit and interest payments.
If you are not interested in paying a fee for a debit card, you can also try N26 Bank for a free debit card and mobile banking solution.
Point Card Features
- 5X points on subscriptions for the following services: Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, YouTube Premium, Spotify, Pandora, Feather, and Headspace.
- 3X points on food delivery and rideshares for the following services: DoorDash, Uber Eats, Postmates, Caviar, GrubHub, Seamless, Instacart, Good Eggs, Uber, Lyft, and Lime.
- 1X points on everything else with no limit to how many points you can earn.
- Each point is worth $0.01, and points are redeemable for cash directly into your Point account once you accrue a minimum of 100 points.
- Phone Insurance: Provides coverage when you charge your monthly phone bill to your Point Card and in the event your phone is stolen or damaged (including cracked screens), up to $600 per incident, $50 deductible per loss. A maximum of $1,000 per 12 months.
- New Purchase Insurance: Provides coverage for most new items purchased with Point Card that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase, up to $1,000 per loss. A maximum pay of $25,000 per 12 months.
- Travel Cancelation Insurance: Protects you against forfeited, non-refundable, unused payments if a trip is canceled or interrupted for covered reasons, up to $1,500 per incident. Coverage applies to common carrier airfare.
- Car Rental Insurance: Pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles when you pay for the entire rental transaction with Point Card and decline the Collision Damage/Loss Damage Waiver coverage offered by the car rental company.
- Global Travel Assistance: Receive emergency roadside assistance, help with lost/stolen documents, and access to a global network of lawyers, physicians, embassies, and consulates when you travel.
- Virtual Point Card Number: Use for online purchases or or in-person purchases where you do not want to display your physical debit card for security reasons.
- Zero Liability Coverage: If your Point Card is used without authorization, your funds will be returned to your Point account following a report to Member Services.
- 2 Free ATM Withdrawals Per Month: Withdraw from any ATM regardless of network globally. Fees reimbursed for up to 2 withdrawals per month up to a maximum of $8, credited to your account in equivalent points value.
- Unlimited Quick Bank Transfers: Incoming bank transfers typically arrive within 1-3 business days (M-F excluding public holidays) when initiated inside Point App.
- Deposit Insurance: Covers all funds in your Point account up to $250,000 and is offered by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- No International Travel Fees: Covers foreign merchant transaction fees at Mastercard locations outside the United States.
- $49 fee per year charged annually.
- No credit check required.
Point Card $100 Sign-Up Bonus
To earn a $100 bonus, you must sign up for the Point Card through a current member’s referral link and spend any amount using your Point Card in the first 4 weeks from your account opening date.
Once you complete the qualifications, your 10,000 bonus points ($100 value) will be credited to your Point Card account within 8 to 12 weeks.
The following purchases do NOT count as an eligible purchase: Point account fees; purchases of travelers’ checks; purchases or reloading of prepaid cards; purchases of gift cards; person-to-person payments; or purchases of other cash equivalents.
Your account must remain open and in good standing at the time of the points disbursement, and if you cancel your account after acquiring it, they may take away your bonus points.
This offer is not available to applicants who have or have previously had an account with Point.
In order to qualify for this special offer, which only requires that you spend any amount on your Point Card to meet the criteria, you must be approved before 11:59 PM PDT on April 28, 2021 (April 30th is shown on the below terms link, but the reader who provided his referral link has confirmed that this offer now expires on April 28th).
The standard Point Card $100 sign-up bonus requires that you spend $1,000 on your new Point Card in order to qualify, so this limited-time deal is much easier to achieve.
You can review the Point Card Limited-Time Bonus Offer Terms for more details.
Point Card $100 Referral Link
A special thank you goes out to Gadget for providing this Point Card $100 Referral Link (use Referral Code “JSCHWARTZ6” during sign-up on the app) that you can use to earn this $100 bonus offer when you sign up for a new Point Card. You can also review Gadget’s notes below about how he quickly qualified for this promotion.
The Point Card gives unlimited cash back on debit plus amazing benefits. Normally when you sign up with my invite link and spend $1,000 within 30 days to get 10,000 points ($100), however, for a limited time, any purchase will work to award the $100 in points.
Signup/application is relatively simple but must be done after clicking through the link on a mobile device. Not sure if was a phone issue, or Android, but when you select your birthday, start with the year. If you try Month/Day before year, it won’t save.
The app shows the referral code next to the $49 annual fee cost when you are applying (i.e., JSCHWARTZ6).
The primary method of funding is done through Plaid. So, you have to be comfortable with providing your bank login to Plaid. Looks like my transfer will be there Tuesday, which I went ahead and setup (100 points awards = $1).
But, I wanted to see how fast I could get this done. I decided to link Cash App by adding my Point virtual debit card to Cash App, then did an instant withdrawal of $101.52 from Cash App (paid $1.52 fee). That pushed $100 to the Point app in a few minutes. The $49 annual membership fee was removed instantly, leaving my balance at $51.
I then used the Point Virtual card for a $1.00 Amazon reload, so I see the charge pending, and one point earned. I ASSUME when the charge actually posts, they will credit the 10,000 points.
I did notice that the referrals screen in-app is listing the requirement for $1000 spend. I think since this is a flash deal/limited time offer, only good this week, the app does not reflect it.
This marks the end of Gadget’s notes.
Point Card $100 Refer-A-Friend Rewards
Once you are a Point Card member, you can share your personal referral link with friends, and you’ll both receive 10,000 bonus points ($100 value) after your referrals spend $1,000 within 30 days of joining.
Plus, for this Point Card Limited-Time Referral Promotion (please note that these terms still show April 10th as the expiration, but this offer has been extended to April 28th), the $1,000 spend required has been reduced to any amount of spend through 11:59 PM PDT, on April 28, 2021.
For the spending to be eligible, the referred new user must use their Point Card for rewarded transactions (which excludes funds transfers and restricted MCCs).
You can share your referral link with as many people as you like and earn unlimited referral bonuses.
Check out the Point Card Referral FAQs for more details on how this referral program works.
Please note that there seems to be some discrepancy on the dates of expiration for this promotion, as the Limited-Time Sign-Up Offer link shows April 30, 2021, while the Limited-Time Referral Offer link shows April 10, 2021. However, the reader who provided his referral link has confirmed that the offer is available through April 28, 2021.