Laurel Road, a division of Darien Rowayton Bank, is a student loan refinancing, personal loan, and mortgage service that is available nationally online to customers in all 50 U.S. states.
Laurel Road offers an advanced online lending experience with low rates, personalized service, and streamlined technology that makes the process of getting a loan seamless.
You can get an average savings of over $20,000 when you refinance and/or consolidate your federal and private school loans, receive rates as low as 5.50% with a personal loan, or borrow up to $3 million with a home mortgage from Laurel Road.
When you Refinance Your Student Loans with Laurel Road, there are no application fees, no origination fees, and no disbursement fees, and Laurel Road does not have prepayment penalties.
Plus, if you are looking to refinance and/or consolidate your student loans, you can earn a $400 bonus (exclusively through Maximizing Money) when you participate in the Laurel Road Referral Program.
Disclosure: Maximizing Money and Laurel Road are not marketing affiliates nor partners, and there is no formal affiliation in place.
How To Get $400 Laurel Road Student Loan ReFi Bonus
Please note that the Laurel Road Referral Program allows referrers to split the $400 total bonus amount between the referrer and referee however the referrer sees fit on a sliding scale between $0 and $400, and Maximizing Money has set the sliding scale to provide the referee (our readers) with a $400 bonus (all of the money), while the referrer (Maximizing Money) will receive $0. So if you use our Laurel Road referral link to refinance your student loans, you will receive a $400 bonus (the highest possible), and we will receive no bonus at all. We are making this offer available to our readers for a limited time, and in exchange for those who take advantage of this offer to earn a $400 bonus, we ask that you please share a link to this article via social media or in some other way.
1. Visit this $400 Laurel Road Referral Link to start your student loan refinancing application (you must apply through this link to receive $400 bonus).
2. Authorize a soft credit pull to receive pre-approved rates in as little as 2 minutes.
3. Upload your supporting documents to complete your online application.
4. Laurel Road will underwrite your loan and provide you with your final rates and loan terms.
5. Select your loan type and term that you would like.
6. E-Sign disclosures and your promissory note in the Laurel Road dashboard.
7. Laurel Road will pay off your student loans to your current lenders and provide you with instructions to set up the servicing of your new loan.
8. Your first payment to Laurel Road will be due 1 month from your disbursement date.
9. You will receive your $400 bonus payment via a physical check sent to you in the mail.
Under the Laurel Road Student Loan Referral Program, referred borrowers are not eligible for other promotional offers from Laurel Road in conjunction with the referral bonus.
Important: The fine print for the referral program indicates that Laurel Road must be made aware of the referral by either the referred borrower or the referring person during the application process, so if there is a field to indicate this during the application, please do so. I believe using the referral link is really all that is required, but if there is an option to indicate that you are being referred either on the application or to a customer service representative, you may wish to let them know you are being referred, just to ensure that things go smoothly. You could even send them an email to let them know after you submit your application.
The above Laurel Road referral link is currently set to provide the referee with a $400 bonus and the referrer with a $0 bonus as of November 7, 2017 (we will update this article if there are any changes to this). However, there is no information about the bonus provided on the landing page for this offer. You should receive your $400 bonus if you follow through with your Laurel Road student loan refi without any problems, but Laurel Road is ultimately responsible for providing you with this bonus according to their terms, so Maximizing Money is unable to take responsibility for any issues that may arise (basically, proceed at your own risk).
Eligibility for Student Loan Refinancing
- You hold a private or federal student loan(s) that are not delinquent or in default.
- You are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a valid I-551 (Green Card).
- Residents of all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia are eligible for refinancing.
- You attended and received a degree from an eligible bachelor’s, graduate, and/or post-graduate (DDS and DMD only) program with proof of graduation (diploma and/or transcripts required).
- You maintain a responsible credit history.
- The amount of your loan to be refinanced is a minimum of $5,000 (no maximum).
Eligibility for Loan Refinancing During Medical / Dental Residency or Fellowship
- You have an income during your residency or fellowship.
- You have a DMD, DDS, MD, or DO degree.
Eligibility for Parent PLUS Loan Refinancing
- Child must have degree from an eligible Title IV college program with proof of graduation.
- Parent PLUS Loans can be refinanced in parent or child’s name only; Parent PLUS Loans may be transferred to child.
Laurel Road Refer A Friend Program
Laurel Road’s referral program is unique in that it allows the referrer to select exactly how much both the referrer and referee will receive on a sliding scale of $0 to $400.
The referrer can decide to split the $400 bonus evenly, keep the entire $400 for yourself, give the referee the entire $400, or split it any other way you like.
To refer your friends, family, and co-workers to Laurel Road, you simply create a free account for the Laurel Road Refer A Friend Program (not a referral link), use the sliding scale feature to allocate the $400 bonus, and share your referral link with everyone you know.
When your referral closes their refi student loan, you both get paid according to your allocation settings for the $400 reward.
You do not have to be a Laurel Road customer to participate in their referral program, so this is a great way to earn some extra money if you know people who may be interested in refinancing and/or consolidating their student loans.
In order to receive your referral payment, you will need to provide Laurel Road with your address (for those receiving payment by check) and your social security number.
There is no limit to the number of borrowers that you can refer or how much you can earn through the Laurel Road referral program, but Laurel Road will report to the IRS the value of any student loan referral program payments, and any applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
Employees of Laurel Road are ineligible to participate in the Laurel Road Student Loan Referral Program and cannot receive any payments for referring borrowers to the Laurel Road Student Loan Program.
Please feel free to share your Laurel Road referral links and experiences with using their service for refinancing and consolidating student loans, taking out personal loans, or getting a home mortgage in the comments below this article.