The ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan provides 529 tax benefits for California savers with 100% tax-free growth on qualified withdrawals to help families plan for the cost of higher education and a range of other qualified education expenses, and 529 savings can be used for a wide range of higher education expenses and programs, in California and around the world.
Through this ScholarShare 529 $100 New Account Bonus, you can earn a $100 bonus (per accountholder/beneficiary combination) when you open a new ScholarShare 529 account with a $1,000 deposit or more.
Please note that you do not need to be a resident of California to open, contribute to, or use a ScholarShare 529 account, and regardless of whether your child decides to attend college or not, your contributions will always be yours.
In addition, there are no sales charges, startup or maintenance fees associated with ScholarShare 529 accounts, but they do charge annual asset-based fees, comprised of the underlying investment expenses for each investment option, the plan manager fee and state administration fee.
Who Can Open a ScholarShare 529 Account?
Anyone can open a ScholarShare 529 account for someone they care about, such as a parent, grandparent, family member, family friend, you, or anyone with a valid SSN or TIN, and an account can be opened to benefit children, grandchildren, other family members, family friends, yourself, or anyone with a valid SSN or TIN.
Your contributions will always be yours, and you do not need to be a resident of California to open, contribute to, or use a ScholarShare 529 account, and your ScholarShare 529 can also be used for a range of qualified expenses in state, out of state, and abroad.
The ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan is a 529 college savings plan that is administered by the ScholarShare Investment Board, an instrumentality of the state of California, and managed by TIAA-CREF Tuition Financing, Inc.
Review these ScholarShare 529 FAQs for more details on who and how a ScholarShare 529 account can be used.
ScholarShare 529 $100 Matching Deposit Bonus
1. Visit this ScholarShare 529 $100 Bonus Offer to open your new account by September 30, 2023.
2. Within 10 business days after the account is established, your account must receive an initial deposit of at least $1,000 to be contributed and invested at the time the new ScholarShare 529 account is opened.
3. The $100 matching deposit bonus will be made to your ScholarShare 529 account on or before January 31, 2024.
4. To receive the $100 matching deposit bonus, your ScholarShare 529 account must be open with a dollar balance greater than zero on the day the matching deposit is made.
5. There is a limit of 1 matching deposit per new ScholarShare
529 account per unique accountholder/beneficiary combination (e.g., for 1 uncle with 2 nephews, you could earn 2 $100 bonuses for each accountholder/beneficiary combination).
Take advantage of the ScholarShare 529 College Savings Plan to enjoy tax advantages when saving for higher education, plus get a $100 bonus when you open a new ScholarShare 529 account and deposit at least $1,000 for a limited time.