Qapital is a banking app that helps you automatically save money toward your financial goals, make investments toward your future, and manage your everyday spending.
New users can get a $20 Qapital Sign-Up Bonus when you create an account, link your checking account as a funding source, and make your first deposit for any amount toward your Qapital savings goal.
Qapital gives you FDIC-insured savings, and you simply connect your checking account as a funding source, set personal or group savings goals, and apply Rules that will trigger automatic transfers to your Qapital Goals.
Qapital offers you a 30-day free trial to see if it works for you, and after 30 days, you will be billed monthly based on your selected membership tier: Qapital Basic is $3/month; Qapital Complete is $6/month; and Qapital Master is $12/month.
Updated 9/14/2019 – Qapital Referral Bonus Increased to $20: Qapital has increased their referral bonus from $10 to $20 for both parties.
How Qapital Works
1. Download the Qapital App for iOS or Android.
2. Create your Profile and Link your Checking Account.
3. Choose your Savings Goals, like paying off a loan, saving for a vacation, or buying a car.
4. Set up Rules to Trigger Deposits into your Qapital account, such as rounding up card purchases, weekly transfers, or charging yourself for guilty pleasures.
5. Funds are Automatically Transferred from your linked bank account to your Qapital account based on the Rules you select.
6. You can Cash Out Your Money at Any Time when you need it, whether you’ve reached your goals or not.
Types of Rules for Saving Money
You can create Rules that automatically trigger transfers toward your Qapital Goals:
- Round up your change every time you make a purchase on your card and have it added to your Goal.
- Set a daily, weekly, or monthly transfer toward your Goals.
- Save a set amount whenever you enjoy a guilty pleasure.
- Spend less than a certain amount in one place, and then get the remainder automatically sent to your Goal.
- Put your apps to work with Qapital and IFTTT and turn almost anything into a way to save.
Qapital Banking App Details
- Free 30-Day Trial: All new members get a 30-day free trial to try Qapital. After 30 days, you will be billed monthly based on your selected membership tier.
- Membership Fees: Qapital Basic is $3/month; Qapital Complete is $6/month; and Qapital Master is $12/month.
- No Minimum Balance Requirement.
- Bank-Level Security.
- FDIC-Insured up to $250,000.
- Cash Out and Transfer Money Back to Your Checking Account at Any Time in the App.
- Create Shared Savings Goals with Family, Friends, and Teammates.
- Must be 18 Years of Age or Older.
- Requires a Checking Account from a U.S.-based Bank or Credit Union.
- Available for iOS and Android.
Qapital $20 Sign-Up Bonus for New Members
1. Visit this Qapital $20 Referral Link to download the app.
2. Create your Qapital account and link a checking account to Qapital (takes 2-3 days to confirm test deposits to your checking account from Qapital).
3. Set up a savings Goal and a Rule to automatically trigger a funds transfer from your checking account to Qapital (the easiest option would be to set up a $5 weekly transfer, so that you can quickly qualify for the bonus).
4. As soon as your first deposit for any amount of money is made toward your savings goal, Qapital will deposit a $20 bonus toward your goal.
5. Cash out your money at that time or continue to save toward your goals.
There is no minimum first transfer amount required to qualify for the $20 bonus, so you can set up a $5 weekly transfer, $1 daily transfer, or any other amount through any type of Rule that you choose.
Please note that you must join via a referral link to get the $20 bonus, so please feel free to use one of the referral links in this article (I will get a $20 bonus too), but you will not get the $20 bonus if you just download the Qapital app directly from the App Store or Google Play without using a referral link.
If you would prefer to receive a referral via email or text message, please feel free to email me at MaximizingMoney@gmail.com to request a referral, and make sure to provide your phone number if you prefer the referral by text message.
Qapital Referral Program $20 Bonuses
Once you create a Qapital account, you can participate in the referral program.
The Qapital refer-a-friend program lets you give your friends a $20 bonus, plus you get a $20 bonus for each new user that you refer.
To access the referral program, simply log in to your Qapital App and visit the “Get Free Cash” section under your user profile.
You can then refer your friends via text message, email, and other methods, and you can access your own unique Qapital Referral Link by copying it from an email referral.
Each time a friend signs up through your referral link, Qapital will give them $20 toward their first goal as soon as they’ve made their first deposit, and you’ll get $20 toward one of your savings goals as well.
All Qapital referral rewards are paid out automatically.
There are no limits to how many people you can refer or how many $20 bonuses you can earn.
Please feel free to exchange Qapital referral links in the below comments along with your experiences using their service, so that everybody can earn $20 bonuses from Qapital.
Qapital 3-Tiered Membership Solutions
In addition to their existing savings-focused features, Qapital has introduced investing and money management tools for members who have additional financial needs.
Qapital Basic – $3/month: Basic is designed for those who want to start building your savings and stop putting your purchases on a credit card.
Qapital Complete – $6/month: Complete helps you build a deeper understanding of your complete financial well-being by allowing you to track exactly what happens with your paycheck, so that you can build behaviors that lead to a positive relationship with spending, saving and investing.
Qapital Master – $12/month: Master is for users who want to take your financial knowledge a step further with access to industry insights from financial leaders.
You can change your membership tier at any time, and any changes will go into effect immediately and be reflected on your next billing cycle.
Your external funding account will be charged with your monthly subscription fee, and you can view or change your membership plan if you go to the “Profile” tab under “Membership.”
Qapital Spending Checking Account and Debit Card
Updated 8/3/2017 – Qapital Now Offers Checking Account and Debit Card: “Qapital Spending” has arrived and takes just minutes to set up from the Qapital app. This new type of checking account comes with a Qapital Visa Card, direct deposit, and E-checks, as well as features designed to help people connect your day-to-day spending to your goals. The Qapital Visa Card has no monthly or annual fees, and Qapital even pays users interest on all the money in your savings and checking accounts. See press release below.
Press Release – PERSONAL FINANCE APP QAPITAL LAUNCHES “QAPITAL SPENDING”
New checking account and debit card are designed to help people spend with their goals in mind.
NEW YORK, NY — August 3, 2017 – Qapital, the leading goal-based personal finance app that has helped a quarter million customers save nearly $200M, today announced the debut of “Qapital Spending.” This new type of checking account – which comes with a Qapital Visa Card, direct deposit, and E-checks –also comes with a set of features designed to help people connect their day-to-day spending to their goals.
The launch of “Qapital Spending” evolves the company position from a simple savings app, to a new age banking platform, offering both checking and savings products connected by one service. What differentiates it from a traditional bank offering is the focus on intentional spending, and goal-based savings. Features include “Round-Up” which automatically saves the change from every transaction, and “Guilty-Pleasure” which saves a little whenever a user buys something they’re trying to cut back on, like a morning latté. The app automatically puts these savings toward specific goals, allowing customers to save passively, and better understand tradeoffs.
“Our customers love the Qapital app because it makes saving easier by making it automatic and motivational,” said co-founder and CEO of Qapital, George Friedman. “We wanted to take this even further, so we built a product that would help people connect their spending behavior to their savings behavior. With more features and fewer fees than a traditional checking account, Qapital Spending is designed to help people put more of their money towards the things they actually care about.”
Like all of Qapital’s products, “Qapital Spending” is designed in conjunction with Chief Behavioral Economist Dan Ariely, who studies how people think about and interact with their money. “The Qapital debit card is different because it helps us stay aware of our spending, use our money more intentionally, and automatically save little bits along the way,” explained Ariely.
Qapital also looks to further differentiate themselves by getting rid of traditional checking account fees. The Qapital Visa Card has no monthly or annual fee. They even pay their users interest on all the money in their savings and checking accounts.
Qapital Spending is available now and the account takes just minutes to set up from the Qapital app. In the months ahead, customers will have access to additional features, including “Impulse Saving” and weekly budgeting tools. The Qapital Visa Card is issued by Lincoln Savings Bank, Member FDIC.
End Press Release.