Qapital is an absolutely free banking app that helps you automatically save money toward your financial goals.
Plus, new users can get a $5 Qapital Sign-Up Bonus when you create a free account, link your checking account as a funding source, and make your first deposit for any amount toward your Qapital savings goal.
Qapital gives you FDIC-insured savings, and you simply connect your checking account as a funding source, set personal or group savings goals, and apply Rules that will trigger automatic transfers to your Qapital Goals.
Updated 12/18/2018 – $1,000 for 10 Qapital Referrals: If you refer 10 friends to Qapital between December 18, 2018, and January 31, 2019, you will receive a $1,000 bonus toward your Qapital Goals. This limited referral bonus is offered in combination with the everyday Qapital referral program offering $5 to both the Qapital accountholder and referred friend once the referred friend makes a deposit to a Qapital goal. The total maximum reward Qapital accountholders are eligible to receive for the Referral Bonus in combination with the Qapital referral program is $1,000. A total of 10 friends must successfully sign up for a Qapital account between December 18, 2018, and January 31, 2019, and each such account must be open and in good standing on March 15, 2019. Referral Bonuses will be paid after March 15, 2019. Referral accounts closed before March 15, 2019, will not qualify for the promotion. The Referral Bonus will appear in the form of a deposit into your Qapital account.
How Qapital Works
1. Download the Qapital App for iOS or Android.
2. Create your Profile and Link your Checking Account.
3. Choose your Savings Goals, like paying off a loan, saving for a vacation, or buying a car.
4. Set up Rules to Trigger Deposits into your Qapital account, such as rounding up card purchases, weekly transfers, or charging yourself for guilty pleasures.
5. Funds are Automatically Transferred from your linked bank account to your Qapital account based on the Rules you select.
6. You can Cash Out Your Money at Any Time when you need it, whether you’ve reached your goals or not.
Types of Rules for Saving Money
You can create Rules that automatically trigger transfers toward your Qapital Goals:
- Round up your change every time you make a purchase on your card and have it added to your Goal.
- Set a daily, weekly, or monthly transfer toward your Goals.
- Save a set amount whenever you enjoy a guilty pleasure.
- Spend less than a certain amount in one place, and then get the remainder automatically sent to your Goal.
- Put your apps to work with Qapital and IFTTT and turn almost anything into a way to save.
Qapital Banking App Details
- No Annual Fee.
- No Monthly Fee.
- No Minimum Balance.
- Bank-Level Security.
- FDIC-Insured up to $250,000.
- Your Qapital Goal Funds are Held in Wells Fargo.
- Cash Out and Transfer Money Back to Your Checking Account at Any Time in the App.
- Create Shared Savings Goals with Family, Friends, and Teammates.
- Must be 18 Years of Age or Older.
- Requires a Checking Account from a U.S.-based Bank or Credit Union.
- Available for iOS and Android.
- Qapital Visa Debit Card – Coming in 2016.
Qapital $5 Sign-Up Bonus for New Members
1. Visit this Qapital $5 Referral Link to download the app (must download via referral link).
2. Create your free account and link a checking account to Qapital (takes 2-3 days to confirm test deposits to your checking account from Qapital).
3. Set up a savings Goal and a Rule to automatically trigger a funds transfer from your checking account to Qapital (the easiest option would be to set up a $5 weekly transfer, so that you can quickly qualify for the bonus).
4. As soon as your first deposit for any amount of money is made toward your savings goal, Qapital will deposit a $5 bonus toward your goal.
5. Cash out your money at that time or continue to save toward your goals.
There is no minimum first transfer amount required to qualify for the $5 bonus, so you can set up a $5 weekly transfer, $1 daily transfer, or any other amount through any type of Rule that you choose.
Please note that you must join via a referral link to get the $5 bonus, so please feel free to use one of the referral links in this article (I will get a $5 bonus too), but you will not get the $5 bonus if you just download the Qapital app directly from the App Store or Google Play without using a referral link.
If you would prefer to receive a referral via email or text message, please feel free to email me at MaximizingMoney@gmail.com to request a referral, and make sure to provide your phone number if you prefer the referral by text message.
Qapital Referral Program $5 Bonuses
Updated May 5, 2016: The Qapital referral program now offers a $5 bonus to both parties instead of the $10 bonus that was originally offered.
Once you create a free Qapital account, you can participate in the referral program.
The Qapital refer-a-friend program lets you give your friends a $5 bonus, plus you get a $5 bonus for each new user that you refer.
To access the referral program, simply log in to your Qapital App and visit the “Get Free Cash” section under your user profile.
You can then refer your friends via text message, email, and other methods, and you can access your own unique Qapital Referral Link by copying it from an email referral.
Each time a friend signs up through your referral link, Qapital will give them $5 toward their first goal as soon as they’ve made their first deposit, and you’ll get $5 toward one of your savings goals as well.
All Qapital referral rewards are paid out automatically.
There are no limits to how many people you can refer or how many $5 bonuses you can earn.
Please feel free to exchange Qapital referral links in the below comments, so that everybody can earn $5 bonuses from Qapital.
Qapital Spending Checking Account and Debit Card
Updated 8/3/2017 – Qapital Now Offers Checking Account and Debit Card: “Qapital Spending” has arrived and takes just minutes to set up from the Qapital app. This new type of checking account comes with a Qapital Visa Card, direct deposit, and E-checks, as well as features designed to help people connect your day-to-day spending to your goals. The Qapital Visa Card has no monthly or annual fees, and Qapital even pays users interest on all the money in your savings and checking accounts. See press release below.
Press Release – PERSONAL FINANCE APP QAPITAL LAUNCHES “QAPITAL SPENDING”
New checking account and debit card are designed to help people spend with their goals in mind.
NEW YORK, NY — August 3, 2017 – Qapital, the leading goal-based personal finance app that has helped a quarter million customers save nearly $200M, today announced the debut of “Qapital Spending.” This new type of checking account – which comes with a Qapital Visa Card, direct deposit, and E-checks –also comes with a set of features designed to help people connect their day-to-day spending to their goals.
The launch of “Qapital Spending” evolves the company position from a simple savings app, to a new age banking platform, offering both checking and savings products connected by one service. What differentiates it from a traditional bank offering is the focus on intentional spending, and goal-based savings. Features include “Round-Up” which automatically saves the change from every transaction, and “Guilty-Pleasure” which saves a little whenever a user buys something they’re trying to cut back on, like a morning latté. The app automatically puts these savings toward specific goals, allowing customers to save passively, and better understand tradeoffs.
“Our customers love the Qapital app because it makes saving easier by making it automatic and motivational,” said co-founder and CEO of Qapital, George Friedman. “We wanted to take this even further, so we built a product that would help people connect their spending behavior to their savings behavior. With more features and fewer fees than a traditional checking account, Qapital Spending is designed to help people put more of their money towards the things they actually care about.”
Like all of Qapital’s products, “Qapital Spending” is designed in conjunction with Chief Behavioral Economist Dan Ariely, who studies how people think about and interact with their money. “The Qapital debit card is different because it helps us stay aware of our spending, use our money more intentionally, and automatically save little bits along the way,” explained Ariely.
Qapital also looks to further differentiate themselves by getting rid of traditional checking account fees. The Qapital Visa Card has no monthly or annual fee. They even pay their users interest on all the money in their savings and checking accounts.
Qapital Spending is available now and the account takes just minutes to set up from the Qapital app. In the months ahead, customers will have access to additional features, including “Impulse Saving” and weekly budgeting tools. The Qapital Visa Card is issued by Lincoln Savings Bank, Member FDIC.
End Press Release.