The USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Card offers a 5% rebate on gas and military base purchases, a 2% rebate on grocery purchases, and a 1% rebate on all of your other purchases with no annual fee.
USAA Bank products are only available to military members, veterans who have honorably served, and their eligible family members.
USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Card
- Earn 5% cash back on your first $3,000 in gas and military base purchases annually on these categories combined. After that, earn 1% for the remainder of the year.
- Earn 2% on your first $3,000 on supermarket purchases per year. After that, earn 1% for the remainder of the year.
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Redeem your cash rewards anytime for a statement credit or USAA bank deposit using your mobile device or computer.
- Pay no foreign transaction fee when you travel outside of the United States.
- $0 annual fee.
Check out this USAA Cashback Rewards Plus American Express Card to earn up to 5% cash back on all of your purchases, but there are limitations within the spending categories.
You’ll earn 5% cash back on up to $3,000 in gas and military base purchases per year.
You’ll earn 2% cash back on up to $3,000 in grocery purchases per year.
Plus, you’ll earn unlimited 1% cash back on all of your other purchases, including those gas, military base, and supermarket purchases that exceed the yearly maximums.
You may redeem the cash back that has been earned with the account at any time by accessing the USAA Rewards Service Center online at usaa.com or by phone at 1-800-980-USAA (8722), and it can either be applied as a credit to your account or deposited into your USAA checking or savings account.
This card has no annual fee as well.
Since the 5% rebates on gas purchases can be earned throughout the year, this card is a good alternative to other 5% rebate cards with rotating categories that only offer 5% cash back on gas for a quarter at a time.
If you live on a military base, then this is a great way to earn 5% back on your military base purchases as well.
However, if you spend a lot of money on purchases other than gas, military bases, and supermarkets, then the standard 1% rebate may be disappointing, but you could consider the USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card instead, which offers 1.5% cash back on all of your purchases with no limits on the amount that you can earn and no annual fee.
You may also be interested in the PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature Card to earn unlimited 2% cash back if you are a current or former U.S. military member.