RealtyShares provides crowdfunding for real estate that allows you to invest in private real estate deals across the United States.
Plus, when you create a free RealtyShares account and link a bank account, you can get a $100 bonus deposited to your bank account ($150 if referred by someone who previously invested), and there is no requirement to make a real estate investment to earn the bonus.
However, the referred party must be an accredited United States investor in order to participate (read below for definition of accredited investor).
Updated 12/15/2015: RealtyShares has increased their referral bonus to $150 for referees and $150 for referrers (if the referrer has previously invested).
Please note that we are actively looking for RealtyShares investors to share your referral links/codes in the below comments, so that other readers may use them to get a bonus.
Visit this Referral Page for the full terms and conditions of this program
RealtyShares $150 Referral Program Bonus for Both Parties
For New Investors:
1. Create a free account via a current client’s referral link (see below comments to exchange referral links).
2. Link a bank account to your RealtyShares account.
3. When you complete these steps, you will receive an automated email.
4. Reply to the automated email with the current client’s unique Referral Code (see below comments to exchange referral codes).
5. RealtyShares will transfer a $100 bonus to both you and the referrer within 30 days ($150 if referred by someone who previously invested), which will be deposited into your bank accounts.
For Current RealtyShares Members:
1. Once you create a free RealtyShares account, you’ll be able to access your own unique referral code, which will be sent to you via email.
2. Share your unique referral code with your friends and family.
3. When your referrals sign up and link a bank account, RealtyShares will send them a confirmation email.
4. When your referrals respond to that email with your unique referral code, RealtyShares will transfer a $100 bonus to both of your bank accounts (or $150 if you as a referrer previously invested).
Increase RealtyShares Referral Bonus to $150
If the referrer has invested with RealtyShares before, both the referrer and referee will receive $150 instead of $100.
When your friends sign up to invest and link a bank account, you will each receive $100 (or $150 if you’ve invested with RealtyShares before).
It takes 30 days to get the bonus after linking your account.
Referral Program Terms and Conditions
There is no requirement for the new member to purchase any securities to qualify for the bonus payment.
The referred new party must be an accredited United States investor.
The referred new party must maintain your membership and linked bank account for at least 30 days.
The referred new party must be new to RealtyShares at the time of the referral and not have a pre-existing account of any type.
The referred new party must meet RealtyShares’ accreditation criteria and not be listed as a “Prohibited Person” by the Office of Foreign Assets Control or be otherwise prohibited from making investments of the type offered by RealtyShares by governmental authorities.
The referred new party must be a resident of the United States or its territories or possessions.
The referrer must be named by the referee on your registration information, so that RealtyShares can clearly track the referral.
The new registration of the referee must occur within 60 days from the date of the offer, regardless of any reason for delay.
Only members of RealtyShares that are in good standing, resident in the United States and its territories and possessions, and specifically invited to refer new registrants are eligible to participate in the program as referral sources.
The total amount of bonuses paid to a referrer shall not exceed $1,000, regardless of the number of referred parties.
Please feel free to exchange RealtyShares referrals in the comments below this article.
What Is An Accredited Investor?
To qualify as an accredited investor, you must meet at least 1 of the following criteria:
1. Your individual income must be more than $200,000 per year (or $300,000 for joint income) for each of the last 2 years, and you must expect to reasonably maintain the same level of income.
2. You must have a net worth that exceeds $1,000,000 (individually or jointly with your spouse).
3. You must be a general partner, executive officer, director, or a related combination thereof for the issuer of a security being offered.
It’s important to note that as soon as you link your bank account to your RealtyShares account, you will receive this message:
“Congratulations on linking your bank account. If your cooling off period is over, you are now ready to invest in live deals.
Were you referred by a friend or family? Simply hit “reply” to this email with the unique referral code, and we will transfer both you and the referrer your referral bonus. As a reminder, if you have any questions about our site, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.”
I believe they don’t verify your accredited investor status beyond you signing up and checking a few boxes that state you meet the requirements.
So it may be possible that someone could get the $100 bonus by signing up and linking a bank account, even if you don’t meet the accredited investor requirements of $200,000 per year in income or $1,000,000 in investable assets.