M1 Finance automatically invests your money into a personalized portfolio of any stocks, bonds or ETFs that you choose for free, and with M1’s simple portfolio builder, you can choose your own investments, use intelligent automation, build wealth over time, and never pay commissions again.
To get a $100 bonus for opening a free M1 Finance account, sign up through this $100 M1 Finance Referral Link and fund your new brokerage or retirement account with a minimum of $5,000 within 30 days.
After you fund your new M1 account, you must maintain that initial $5,000 qualifying deposit for 30 days to receive the $100 bonus (no actual investment is required, just the initial deposit).
In addition to the $100 sign-up bonus, you can earn up to $15,000 in bonus cash to invest when you transfer outside investments to M1 Finance by November 15, 2023 (these 2 offers are stackable).
M1 Finance accounts have no commission charges or brokerage fees, so they are absolutely free to use.
About M1 Finance Free Investment Platform
- M1 Finance is 100% Free to Use for the Standard Account.
- Build Your Custom Portfolio by Picking the Investments You Want.
- Choose from Any Public Company or ETF.
- Select from Expert-Designed Template Portfolios.
- Deposit or Withdraw Money whenever You Want.
- Set Up Recurring Funding to Make Investing Automatic.
- Your Money Automatically Flows into Your Investment Portfolio with Each Deposit.
- M1 Finance Does Not Charge Commissions or Brokerage Fees.
- Member of SIPC (Securities Investor Protection Corporation). Securities in accounts are protected up to $500,000.
- M1 Plus – Optional Service that Provides Exclusive Perks: If you decide to join M1 Plus, your First 3 Months are Free, and then $95 per year thereafter (or $10 monthly).
M1 Finance $100 New User Bonus Credit
1. Sign up for a free account via this $100 M1 Finance Referral Link to get started.
2. Fund your account within 30 days with a $5,000 minimum for brokerage or retirement accounts.
3. Maintain your initial qualifying funding for 30 days from the date of deposit (no actual investment is required, just the initial deposit).
4. Once the referral qualifications are met, you will see your $100 bonus credit under “Settings > Promotions” in your account within 14 days.
If you open a retirement account, you must also open a non-retirement account to receive your referral credit.
How To Invest with M1 Finance
With a free M1 Finance account, you can automatically invest in “Pies” (investment portfolios) that are based on your risk tolerance, time-frame, goals, and other factors.
To start investing, you simply create your own Pies and/or select from expert-designed Pies that are available for your investments.
You can select any type of investment Pie that you would like, and you can edit and change your Pie selections at any time.
If you want to diversify your funds, you can invest different percentages of your money into multiple Pies.
Whenever you fund your M1 Finance account, either through a 1-time or recurring deposit, your money will be automatically invested into the selection of Pies that you have chosen.
Types of M1 Investment Pies
- General Investing – Easily create a diversified portfolio and set it to your own personal risk tolerance.
- Plan for Retirement – Invest for your target retirement date in a portfolio that adjusts to your goals as you age.
- Responsible Investing – Sound financial options for the socially responsible investor.
- Income Earners – Choose a portfolio focused on dividends and income returns.
- Hedge Fund Followers – Mimic the investment strategies of some of the most successful investors and reputable hedge funds.
- Industries & Sectors – From Aerospace to BioTech and beyond, invest directly in the industries you believe are future winners.
- Just Stocks & Bonds – Build a diversified, low-cost portfolio with a simple balance of 2 ETFs, focused on stocks and bonds.
- Other Strategies – Explore additional investment strategies and find what’s right for you.
M1 Finance vs. M1 Plus
When you sign up for a free M1 Finance account, you’ll get access to all of the standard investment features with no trading commissions and no subscription fees.
For most investors, M1 Finance provides all of the services you need, as you can create your portfolio, set up automatic investments, and access all of the data and tools you need through the M1 platform.
However, the optional M1 Plus membership subscription gives you access to additional services from M1 Finance.
When you join M1 Plus, your first 3 months are free, and then you will be charged $95 per year thereafter (or $10 per month – you can cancel at anytime).
With M1 Plus, you’ll get access to additional investment benefits, like an extra daily trading window, custodial accounts, and smart transfers.
M1 Plus members can also utilize M1 Borrow to borrow money against your securities at a big discount with no application and the ability to pay back at your own pace.
If you plan to use M1 Finance for additional financial services beyond your standard investment portfolio, then M1 Plus may be worth the extra subscription fee for you, and you can always try M1 Plus with your first 3 months for free.
M1 Finance Owner’s Rewards Credit Card
Through the Owner’s Rewards Program, you can shop with select brands that you also invest in to get 10%, 5%, or 2.5% cash back based on your eligible portfolio, and you’ll get 1.5% standard rewards on all other purchases.
All of your rewards can be automatically invested into your M1 Finance portfolio to continue your investment growth.
There is no annual fee associated with the Owner’s Rewards Credit Card, but the cash back rates of 2.5% – 10% require an active M1 Plus subscription (billed at $95 annually or at $10 monthly), and they are subject to a maximum of $200 cash back per calendar month.
M1 Finance “Give $100, Get $100” Referral Program
When you participate in the M1 Finance Refer-A-Friend Program, you can give your friends a $100 bonus credit when they open and fund a new account with a minimum of $5,000.
Plus, you’ll earn a $100 bonus credit for each new user that you refer to M1 Finance who funds at least $5,000, so both parties benefit.
To qualify for the $100 bonuses, the new customer must open an M1 account and fund it with at least $5,000 within 30 days of account opening and maintain the $5,000 balance for at least 30 days after funding.
For every qualified referral, M1 Finance gives you each $100 to invest when your friend signs up and funds their portfolio with the $5,000 deposit requirement for at least 30 days.
As the referrer, you will also receive 6 free months of M1 Plus added to your account for each new user that you refer who funds their new M1 account with at least $100 ($500 for retirement accounts) and maintains the $100 balance for at least 30 days (the free 6 months of M1 Plus is only for the referrer).
In order to participate in the M1 Finance Referral Program, your M1 account must be funded.
How To Refer New Users to M1 Finance
1. Open your M1 Finance Dashboard (mobile) or click on your name (website).
2. Click “Refer & Earn” to start referring new members (this will only be visible if your account is funded).
3. Sign up for the referral program.
4. Choose your Payment Account where your referral bonuses will be paid.
5. Share your unique M1 Finance referral link with your friends, family, and associates.
6. You will receive a $100 referral bonus in your Payment Account within 14 days after your referee signs up and funds their M1 account.
7. Once the referral qualifications are met, you will see your $100 promotion under “Settings > Promotions.”
M1 Finance Referral Program Terms
- Offer valid only for new brokerage or IRA accounts with M1.
- To qualify for the bonus, referred new users must make an initial deposit of $5,000 for taxable accounts or $5,000 for IRAs within 30 days of sign-up and not withdraw that initial deposit for 30 days.
- Promotion is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable.
- Offer available to U.S. Residents only.
- Both you and anyone you refer will be required to have an open brokerage account to receive referral credits.
- Please note that your Payment Account must be an individual or joint taxable brokerage account (funding not required), but a Payment Account cannot be a retirement account, so if you opened a retirement account, you must also open a non-retirement account in order to receive your referral credits.
M1 Finance up to $500 New Brokerage Account Bonus
If you plan to deposit $30,000 or more in your new M1 Finance brokerage account, this special offer will provide you with up to $500 in bonus cash.
You’ll get a $75 bonus with a $10,000+ deposit, $150 bonus with a $30,000+ deposit, $250 bonus with a $50,000+ deposit, or $500 bonus with a $100,000+ deposit.
Review this M1 $500 New Account Bonus for the full details.
However, if you don’t plan to deposit $30,000 or more, then the $100 referral bonus may be a better option, as it only requires a $5,000 deposit.
M1 up to $15,000 Brokerage Transfer Bonus
Through November 15, 2023, you can get up to $15,000 in bonus cash when you transfer $100,000+ from another brokerage account to M1 Finance.
Get $250 bonus with $100,000+ transfer, $1,000 bonus with $250,000+ transfer, $2,000 bonus with $500,000+ transfer, $4,000 bonus with $1,000,000+ transfer, $10,000 bonus with $2,000,000+ transfer, or $15,000 bonus with $5,000,000+ transfer.
Review this M1 $15,000 Brokerage Transfer Bonus for more details.
You can also stack this deal with the $100 sign-up bonus when you join M1 through a referral link first before initiating a brokerage transfer.