M1 Finance automatically invests your money into a personalized portfolio of any stocks, bonds or ETFs that you choose for free, and with M1’s simple portfolio builder, you can choose your own investments, use intelligent automation, build wealth over time, and never pay commissions again.
To get a $10 bonus for opening a free M1 Finance account, sign up through this $10 M1 Finance Referral Link and fund your account with a minimum of $100 within 30 days.
After you fund your new M1 account, you must maintain that initial $100 qualifying deposit for 30 days to receive the $10 bonus.
M1 Finance accounts have no commission charges or brokerage fees, so they are absolutely free to use.
Current M1 Finance Promotional Offers
- M1 Finance $10 Sign-Up Bonus – Get $10 when you open a free investing account, deposit a minimum of $100, and maintain that $100 qualifying deposit for at least 30 days.
- M1 Finance $250 Funding Bonus – If you plan on funding $5,000 or more, take advantage of this offer to get a $25 bonus when you deposit $5,000+, $50 bonus when you deposit $10,000+, $150 bonus when you deposit $30,000+, or $250 bonus when you deposit $50,000+.
About M1 Finance Free Investment Platform
- M1 Finance is 100% Free to Use for the Standard Account.
- Build Your Custom Portfolio by Picking the Investments You Want.
- Choose from Any Public Company or ETF.
- Select from Expert-Designed Template Portfolios.
- Deposit or Withdraw Money whenever You Want.
- Set Up Recurring Funding to Make Investing Automatic.
- Your Money Automatically Flows into Your Investment Portfolio with Each Deposit.
- M1 Finance Does Not Charge Commissions or Brokerage Fees.
- Member of SIPC (Securities Investor Protection Corporation). Securities in accounts are protected up to $500,000.
- M1 Plus – Optional Service that Provides Exclusive Perks: If you decide to join M1 Plus, your First Year is Free, and then $125 per year thereafter.
M1 Finance $10 New User Bonus Credit
1. Sign up for a free account via this $10 M1 Finance Referral Link to get started.
2. Fund your account within 30 days – $100 minimum for taxable accounts and $500 minimum for IRAs.
3. Maintain your initial qualifying funding for 30 days from the date of deposit.
4. Once the referral qualifications are met, you will see your $10 bonus credit under “Settings > Promotions” in your account within 14 days.
If you open a retirement account, you must also open a non-retirement account to receive your referral credit.
Alternative Offer: M1 Finance $25-$250 Sign-Up Bonus
If you plan on funding your new M1 Finance account with at least $5,000 or more, then you may wish to consider this alternative new user promotion from M1 Finance instead.
With this M1 Finance $25-$250 Alternative Offer, you’ll get a $25 bonus for $5,000-$9,999.99 in funding, a $50 bonus for $10,000-$29,999.99 in funding, a $150 bonus for $30,000-$49,999.99 in funding, or a $250 bonus for $50,000+ in funding.
However, the $10 M1 Finance referral promotion is still a better offer for most new users, since this offer requires $5,000 minimum funding in order to get a $25 bonus, instead of only $100 minimum funding to get a $10 bonus through the referral program.
On the other hand, if you plan on funding $5,000 or more to your new M1 Finance account, then you can get a $25 bonus with this offer, or a $50-$250 bonus with $10,000 or more in funding, which makes this a better deal for those who wish to make a large initial deposit.
In order to qualify, you will need to fund your new M1 Finance account via ACH transfer within 14 days of your sign-up date.
M1 Finance Owner’s Rewards Credit Card
Through the Owner’s Rewards Program, you can shop with select brands that you also invest in to get 10%, 5%, or 2.5% cash back based on your eligible portfolio, and you’ll get 1.5% standard rewards on all other purchases.
All of your rewards can be automatically invested into your M1 Finance portfolio to continue your investment growth.
The Owner’s Rewards Credit Card does have a $95 annual fee, but it is waived with an active M1 Plus membership (M1 Plus membership is $0 for your first year, and $125 per year thereafter).
How To Invest with M1 Finance
With a free M1 Finance account, you can automatically invest in “Pies” (investment portfolios) that are based on your risk tolerance, time-frame, goals, and other factors.
To start investing, you simply create your own Pies and/or select from expert-designed Pies that are available for your investments.
You can select any type of investment Pie that you would like, and you can edit and change your Pie selections at any time.
If you want to diversify your funds, you can invest different percentages of your money into multiple Pies.
Whenever you fund your M1 Finance account, either through a 1-time or recurring deposit, your money will be automatically invested into the selection of Pies that you have chosen.
Types of M1 Investment Pies
- General Investing – Easily create a diversified portfolio and set it to your own personal risk tolerance.
- Plan for Retirement – Invest for your target retirement date in a portfolio that adjusts to your goals as you age.
- Responsible Investing – Sound financial options for the socially responsible investor.
- Income Earners – Choose a portfolio focused on dividends and income returns.
- Hedge Fund Followers – Mimic the investment strategies of some of the most successful investors and reputable hedge funds.
- Industries & Sectors – From Aerospace to BioTech and beyond, invest directly in the industries you believe are future winners.
- Just Stocks & Bonds – Build a diversified, low-cost portfolio with a simple balance of 2 ETFs, focused on stocks and bonds.
- Other Strategies – Explore additional investment strategies and find what’s right for you.
M1 Finance vs. M1 Plus
When you sign up for a free M1 Finance account, you’ll get access to all of the standard investment features with no trading commissions and no subscription fees.
For most investors, M1 Finance provides all of the services you need, as you can create your portfolio, set up automatic investments, and access all of the data and tools you need through the M1 platform.
However, the optional M1 Plus membership subscription gives you access to additional services from M1 Finance.
When you join M1 Plus, your first year is free, and then you will be charged $125 per year thereafter (you can cancel at anytime).
With M1 Plus, you’ll get access to additional investment benefits, like an extra daily trading window, custodial accounts, and smart transfers.
M1 Plus members can also utilize M1 Borrow to borrow money against your securities and pay just 2% (3.5% without M1 Plus) with no application and the ability to pay back at your own pace.
In addition, M1 Plus gives you the option of opening a Spend Checking Account with a 1% APY and an Owner’s Rewards Credit Card with the $95 annual fee waived for M1 Plus members.
If you plan to use M1 Finance for additional financial services beyond your standard investment portfolio, then M1 Plus may be worth the extra subscription fee for you, and you can always try M1 Plus with your first year for free.
M1 Finance “Give $10, Get $10” Referral Program
When you participate in the M1 Finance Refer-A-Friend Program, you can give your friends a $10 bonus credit when they open and fund a new account.
Plus, you’ll earn a $10 bonus credit for each new user that you refer to M1 Finance, so both parties benefit.
M1 Finance gives you each $10 to invest when your friend signs up and funds their portfolio.
In order to participate in the M1 Finance Referral Program, your M1 account must be funded.
How To Refer New Users to M1 Finance
1. Open your M1 Finance Dashboard (mobile) or click on your name (website).
2. Click “Refer & Earn” to start referring new members (this will only be visible if your account is funded).
3. Sign up for the referral program.
4. Choose your Payment Account where your referral bonuses will be paid.
5. Share your unique M1 Finance referral link with your friends, family, and associates.
6. You will receive a $10 referral bonus in your Payment Account within 14 days after your referee signs up and funds their M1 account.
7. Once the referral qualifications are met, you will see your $10 promotion under “Settings > Promotions.”
M1 Finance Referral Program Terms
- Offer valid only for new brokerage or IRA accounts with M1.
- To qualify for the bonus, referred new users must make an initial deposit of $100 for taxable accounts or $500 for IRAs within 30 days of sign-up and not withdraw that initial deposit for 30 days.
- Promotion is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable.
- Offer available to U.S. Residents only.
- Both you and anyone you refer will be required to have an open brokerage account to receive referral credits.
- Please note that your Payment Account must be an individual or joint taxable brokerage account (funding not required), but a Payment Account cannot be a retirement account, so if you opened a retirement account, you must also open a non-retirement account in order to receive your referral credits.