You can save 20% off for up to a $100 maximum discount at Amazon.com when you redeem at least 1 of your American Express Membership Rewards points to pay for a purchase that is sold and shipped by Amazon.com, valid while supplies last.
You must Activate this 20% Promotional Offer on Amazon.com in order to participate and use at least 1 Membership Rewards point toward your purchase of products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to save 20% off for up to a $100 total discount.
Alternative 20% Amazon Discount with Code AMEXSWP20PD: If the above activation link does not work for you, you can try to enter Promo Code AMEXSWP20PD during checkout when you pay with at least 1 Membership Rewards point, and the 20% discount for up to $100 off a purchase may be applied for you (if the activation option does work for you, this promo code option may also be used for a second purchase).
After you activate the promotion, just add any qualifying item to your cart, use at least 1 Membership Rewards point toward the payment for your purchase, and the 20% discount will be automatically applied during checkout (no coupon code necessary).
You must use at least 1 Membership Rewards point to pay for your purchase in order to qualify for the discount.
It looks like third-party gift cards are eligible as a qualifying purchase (not Amazon gift cards).
Please note that this offer may be targeted and not all customers may be able to qualify.
You could get a $100 total discount on $500 in third-party gift card purchases on Amazon.com, or save 20% off any other eligible items, and some people have been able to redeem this offer multiple times.
Alternative $30 Off $60 Amazon Discount: You can also Activate this $30 Amazon Discount to get $30 off an Amazon purchase of $60 or more when you use at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point. You can get both the $100 discount and $30 discount on separate purchases when you activate and complete 1 offer at a time to get both promotions in separate transactions.
How To Qualify for 20% Off Amazon Purchases
1. Activate this 20% Promotional Offer on Amazon.com by clicking the button on the promotional page.
2. Add 1 or more eligible items to your shopping cart that are sold and shipped by Amazon.com to qualify.
3. Check out with your American Express Card and use Membership Rewards points for at least a portion of your order (1 point qualifies).
4. Get 20% off eligible purchases when you use Membership Rewards points for a maximum discount of $100.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page).
- Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted promotional items.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $100.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of items made with a Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is activated.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- This promotion starts at 12:00 AM PST on July 2, 2018, and ends when Amazon elects to end the promotion.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- Promotional discount may not be redeemed for Amazon.com Gift Cards.
Learn more about how to Shop With Points on Amazon.com to use your credit card rewards points to pay for your Amazon purchases.
You may also be interested in these alternative ways to Redeem Your Membership Rewards Points.
A special thank you goes out to Doctor of Credit for posting about this previous offer.