BECU will give both referral program participants a $100 bonus when a current member refers a new member who opens a Member Share Savings and checking account and makes 10 qualifying transactions, including debit or credit card purchases, ATM deposits or withdrawals, paper or electronic checks, and online bill payments.
Since BECU membership is available to anybody in the U.S.A. when you join KEXP or other partner associations, this $100 bonus offer is available nationwide, but you must use a current member’s referral code to qualify when you join.
If you are a current BECU member, please feel free to post your unique BECU referral code in the below comments, which you can access via the BECU Referral Bonus Page, so that you can share referrals with potential new members.
Membership in BECU
BECU is headquartered in Tukwila, Washington, with over 50 financial centers around Puget Sound, Seattle, Spokane, and South Carolina.
However, anybody in the U.S.A. can meet BECU Membership Eligibility when you become a member of one of their partner associations, which include UWAA, WSUAA, NWCUF, and KEXP.
Joining KEXP is probably the easiest for the general public to do and only requires a 1-time $10 minimum donation, but if you decide to join KEXP or another partner association, you must do so before completing your online membership application with BECU.
In addition, BECU membership is also available to people who live within all counties of Washington state as well as select counties in Oregon and Idaho, or if you work for BECU, Boeing, or a credit union, as well as for business owners that meet the criteria.
How To Earn $100 New BECU Member Bonus
1. You can either join in-person at any BECU branch location or join via the online application form.
2. Whether you join in-person or online, you must enter both the promo code REFER and the unique referral code of the referrer at the time of application (both codes are required).
3. You must open both a Member Share Savings and checking account to qualify for this promotion.
4. Within the first 30 days of joining, you must perform 10 qualifying transactions. Qualifying transactions must be made using a BECU Checking or connected BECU Debit Card, or BECU Credit Card and include: ATM deposits, transfers, and withdrawals; bill payment; write checks or electronic checks; send international or domestic ACH withdrawals, send international or domestic wire transfers; point of sale purchases; external or electronic deposits; investor interest deposits; Visa purchases and cash advances.
5. You will receive the $100 bonus deposit to your Member Share Savings account within 120 days of opening qualifying accounts and meeting the transaction requirements.
BECU Referral Terms
- Referring member must be 18 years or older and a primary on Member Share or Member Advantage savings and checking accounts.
- Referred member may not be an existing member, must be within BECU’s field of membership and be eligible to open and maintain membership.
- New members who are rejoining but have had a membership relationship with BECU in the last 6 months do not qualify.
- Accounts must remain open for 90 days.
- Business, Fiduciary, Zero-Dividend, HSA, and Early Savers accounts are not eligible to refer and/or receive deposit bonuses.
- BECU employees are also not eligible to refer or receive deposit bonuses.
- $100 bonus deposit will be reported for the new member as interest income to the IRS on Form 1099-INT at year-end and may be reported to the IRS on Form 1099-MISC for the referring member.
- Current BECU referral program promotion is available through December 31, 2022.
BECU $100 Refer-A-Friend Bonuses
If you are a current BECU member, visit the BECU Referral Code Request Form to access your unique referral link to share with friends and family.
Simply recommend BECU to a friend, and you’ll each get $100 when they open Member Share Savings and checking accounts, and meet the account requirements.
You can earn up to 10 referral bonuses for a total of $1,000 for you, and give $100 as a welcome bonus to up to 10 friends who qualify.
Current members should request their unique referral code via the online form, which you can share with your friends and family.
New members must provide the promo code as well as a current member’s unique referral code when joining BECU and opening your accounts in order to qualify.
Take advantage of this $100 referral bonus from BECU for both new and current members, and please feel free to share your unique BECU referral codes in the below comments if you are a current member.