Lafayette Federal Credit Union will give you a $100 cash bonus when you start your new membership with a savings account and checking account, and make a direct deposit of $500 or more, plus you can earn a 2.02% APY on checking account balances up to $25,000 with a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more.
Regardless of which state you live in, anyone in the U.S.A. can join Lafayette Federal Credit Union completely online when you become a member of the Home Ownership Financial Literacy Council, which requires a 1-time membership fee of $10.
To join Lafayette Federal Credit Union, you must open a Share Savings Account, which requires a $50 minimum opening deposit and an ongoing minimum balance of $50 to retain your membership in the credit union.
Become a member of Lafayette Federal Credit Union to earn a $100 checking account bonus and earn a 2.02% APY on your checking account balances up to $25,000.
How to Join Lafayette Federal Credit Union
To qualify for Lafayette FCU Membership, you must meet any of the following requirements:
- Live in Maryland, Washington, D.C., or Virginia and be a member of the American Consumer Council (ACC).
- Be employed by an agency or company within Lafayette Federal’s approved field of membership.
- Be employed by DXC or CSRA.
- Live or work in the Potomac, MD, area.
- Live, work, worship or attend school in Washington, D.C.
- Be an immediate family member of a current Lafayette Federal member.
- Be a member of the Home Ownership Financial Literacy Council (HOFLC).
Regardless of where you live in the U.S.A., you can qualify for membership with Lafayette Federal Credit Union by joining the Home Ownership Financial Literacy Council for a 1-time $10 membership fee.
After you pay your $10 fee to join on HOFLC.org, you’ll need to attach a screenshot of your HOFLC membership approval email during your application for the Lafayette Federal Credit Union.
To establish your membership with Lafayette Federal Credit Union, you’ll need to deposit at least $50 into a Share Savings Account and maintain that $50 balances in your Share Savings Account for as long as you are a member.
As an added benefit, you can charge your initial opening deposit on a credit card as a purchase for up to $750, and you should see this option during your membership application process.
Lafayette FCU $100 New Checking Account Bonus
1. Apply for this $100 Lafayette FCU Checking Account Bonus by entering Promo Code DD2022 during the application.
2. When you open a checking account and initiate a qualified direct deposit to Lafayette Federal Credit Union, you will receive a $50 bonus deposit to your savings account.
3. After your first direct deposit occurs no later than 45 days after account opening, you will receive an additional $50 bonus deposit to your savings account.
4. A qualified direct deposit is a recurring direct deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other periodic payment of at least $500 into a checking account on a month-to-month basis made by an outside organization or agency.
5. If your checking account is closed within the first 6 months, the initial $50 promotional deposit will be deducted from the account.
6. There is a $5 minimum balance required to open and earn a 2.02% APY on LFCU checking account balances up to $25,000 and 0.025% APY on checking balances over $25,000.
Lafayette FCU 2.02% APY Checking Account
Through this Lafayette FCU 2% for ’22 Offer, you can earn a bonus rate of 2.02% APY on your checking account balances up to $25,000 (checking balances over $25,000 earn 0.025% APY).
In order to qualify for the 2.02% APY, you must have a qualified monthly direct deposit of $500 or more to your checking account.
A qualified direct deposit is a recurring direct deposit of a paycheck, pension, or Social Security periodic payment of at least $500 into a checking account on a month-to-month basis made by an outside organization or agency.
There is a $5 minimum balance to open a Lafayette FCU checking account, but there are no monthly maintenance fees and no minimum balance requirements to avoid any fees.
Join the Lafayette Federal Credit Union with open membership across the U.S.A. to earn a $100 checking account bonus and a 2.02% APY on your checking balances up to $25,000.
Check out this First Tech Federal Credit Union Promotion as well to earn more checking account bonuses from a nationwide credit union.