The Citi ThankYou Premier Card offers 3 points per $1 spent on Travel including Gas, 2 points per $1 spent on Dining Out and Entertainment, and 1 point per $1 everywhere else.
Plus, you can now earn 50,000 bonus points after you make $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months, which is redeemable for $625 in Airfare booked through the ThankYou Travel Center or $500 in Gift Cards from participating merchants.
The $95 annual fee is waived for the first 12 months for new applicants with this offer.
The Citi ThankYou Premier Card is a competitor of the Barclaycard Arrival Plus, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Amex Premier Rewards Gold cards, so you may also wish to review these alternative premier rewards cards as well.
Citi ThankYou Premier Card Review
You can apply for the Citi ThankYou Premier Card directly on the Citibank website.
There is a $95 annual fee, but the annual fee is waived for the first 12 months.
You may wish to check the Pre-Qualified Citibank Card Offers before applying, to see if a better offer for the Citi ThankYou Premier Card is available.
Earn 50,000 Bonus Points
You will earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
The 50,000 points are redeemable for $625 in airfare on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou Travel Center, or $500 in gift cards redeemed from the ThankYou Rewards collection.
The 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you have had a ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier, or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.
Earn ThankYou Points on Purchases
- Earn 3X on Travel including Gas Stations.
- Earn 2X on Dining Out and Entertainment.
- Earn 1X on All Other Purchases.
You’ll earn 3 ThankYou Points for every $1 that you spend on travel purchases including gas.
You’ll earn 2 ThankYou Points for every $1 that you spend on purchases for dining out and entertainment.
You’ll earn 1 ThankYou Point for every $1 that you spend on other purchases.
You can earn an unlimited amount of ThankYou Points, and your points will not expire.
Citi ThankYou Premier Offers 3X Points on Almost All Travel
You’ll earn 3 points per $1 on almost all travel, including gas, tolls, subway, taxi rides, airfare, hotels, cruises, car rentals, and much more.
This even includes bike share, taxi, car services, and platforms such as Uber and Airbnb.
According to Citibank, you will need excellent credit to be approved for this card.
Take advantage of this Citibank bonus card reward while this special promotional offer is available.
Citi ThankYou Premier Card Press Release
April 20, 2015 – No matter where Citi ThankYou Premier cardmembers are headed, they can now earn more points along the way.
Citi has made travel even more rewarding for ThankYou Premier cardmembers who can now earn 3 points per $1 spent on almost all travel, including gas, tolls, subway and taxi rides, airfare, hotels, cruises and car rentals.
“ThankYou Premier redefines travel by rewarding our cardmembers for virtually any way they are getting to their destination – by bike, bus, train, car or plane,” said Chris Fred, Head of Proprietary Products, Citi Cards North America.
“We know our cardmembers love to travel and see how their everyday travel spending can turn into meaningful rewards. Whether going to work, driving their kids to a soccer game, or escaping on a getaway, each purchase rewards them with ThankYou Points so they can more quickly get to their next vacation.”
Meaningful Travel Benefits: Whether You Are Around the Corner or Around the World
The ThankYou Premier card enables cardmembers to earn rewards fast – and every day – from a variety of purchases, at an annual fee of $95:
- 3 points for every $1 spent on travel from gas, taxi and car service, parking, tolls and bike shares – to airfare, hotels, cruises, car rentals, travel agencies, railways, and more.
- 2 points for every $1 spent on dining out and entertainment, from sporting events, concerts and amusement parks to movie tickets, music downloads and more.
- 1 point for every $1 on other purchases.
When ThankYou Premier cardmembers purchase travel on their card, they enjoy built-in benefits that provide value and peace of mind:
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases.
- Global acceptance with chip technology.
- Worldwide car rental insurance for any rental car in any country including coverage against theft or damage up to $100,000.
- Roadside assistance almost anywhere in the U.S. at no cost.
- Lost baggage coverage if items are lost, stolen or damaged while on a plane, train, bus, or cruise, up to $3,000 per bag per trip or $2,000 per bag per trip for New York residents.
- Trip cancellation and interruption protection if unforeseen events get in the way, reimbursement for non-refundable expenses, up to $5,000 per trip.
- Baggage delay protection for delays of 6 hours or more, including reimbursement for necessary items, up to $100 per trip.
- Trip delay protection covers unplanned expenses for delays of 12 hours or more, up to $500 per trip.
ThankYou Points: Worth Even More When Redeeming for Trips
When redeeming for flights, hotels, cruises and car rentals through the ThankYou Travel Center, ThankYou Points are worth 25% more as compared to gift cards.
For example, 30,000 ThankYou Points can be redeemed for $375 towards a flight on any airline, with no blackout dates – compared to $300 on gift cards.
ThankYou Premier cardmembers also have the option to easily transfer their ThankYou Points to 13 elite travel loyalty programs.
ThankYou Points can also be redeemed for thousands of rewards – far beyond travel – including gift cards, merchandise, and more on www.thankyou.com.
ThankYou Premier cardmembers can also Shop With Points on Amazon.com and purchase concert tickets on LiveNation.com.
ThankYou Premier cardmembers can also use points as a credit towards charges on their credit card account, like dining, entertainment, utility bills, gas, grocery or drugstores, or to make online bill payments with an enrolled Citibank checking account.
Check out the Citi ThankYou Preferred Card Promotion as well for an alternative ThankYou Rewards card with no annual fee.
You may also wish to review the Citi Prestige Card for even more travel benefits and savings with ThankYou Points.