Get the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card to earn 45,000 bonus miles, 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), and a $100 statement credit after qualifying purchases.
When you apply for the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business Card, you’ll earn 45,000 bonus miles and 5,000 MQMs after you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months.
On top of that, you’ll earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new card within the first 3 months.
There is a $250 annual fee for the Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business Card from American Express, and this fee is NOT WAIVED for the first year, like it is with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card.
However, with many benefits available including Companion Airfare, Annual Miles Boost, First Checked Bag Free, Priority Boarding, In-Flight Savings and more, it may be worth the annual fee for the added benefits of the Platinum version of the Delta Air Lines business credit card.
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Card Features
- Earn 45,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn a $100 statement credit bonus after your first Delta purchases within the first 3 months.
- Annual Miles Boost #1: Earn 10,000 MQMs each calendar year when you make $25,000 in purchases.
- Annual Miles Boost #2: Earn an additional 10,000 MQMs each calendar year when you make $50,000 in purchases.
- Earn 3 miles per $1 on purchases made directly with Delta.
- Earn 3 miles per $1 on purchases made directly with Hotels.
- Earn 1.5 miles per $1 on single eligible purchases over $5,000, for up to 50,000 additional miles per year.
- Earn 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases.
- Delta SkyMiles Program members can use miles toward flights, seat upgrades, car rentals, merchandise, gift cards and more.
- Miles do not expire, and there are no limits to how many you can earn.
- $250 Annual fee.
Earn 45,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles
To qualify for the 45,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles, you must make eligible purchases with your Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card that total $3,000 or more within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
Your bonus miles and MQMs will be credited to your account within 6 to 8 weeks after you reach $3,000 in purchases.
Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account.
Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits.
Eligible purchases to meet the Threshold Amount do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers (balance transfers are not available on Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Cards), cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents.
This welcome bonus offer is not available to applicants who have or have had this card, and if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it, or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount, they may not credit the welcome offer, may freeze the welcome offer, or may take away the welcome offer from your account.
Earn a $100 Statement Credit
You can earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase on your card within your first 3 months of card membership, starting from the date your account is approved.
The $100 bonus will be issued as a card member statement credit approximately 8 to 12 weeks after your first Delta purchase.
Delta purchases to meet the first Delta purchase requirement include those made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the card account.
Purchase must be made directly through Delta.
Additional Platinum SkyMiles Business Card Member Benefits
- Companion Airfare: Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your card.
- First Checked Bag Free: You can check your first bag for free and save up to $50 on a round-trip Delta flight.
- Priority Boarding: Enjoy early boarding on Delta flights as a benefit of card membership. You can board your flight when Zone 1 priority boarding is called.
- In-Flight Savings: Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit on all eligible in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets when you use your card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Baggage Insurance Plan: Covers eligible lost, damaged, or stolen baggage when you purchase the entire fare for a Common Carrier ticket (e.g., plane, train, ship, or bus) on your eligible card. Coverage can be provided for up to $1,250 for carry-on baggage and up to $500 for checked baggage.
- Travel Accident Insurance: If an accident causes your Death, membership can provide added financial security to your beneficiaries.
- Roadside Assistance Hotline: Simply call the number on the back of your card for the Roadside Assistance Hotline, which provides coordination and assistance with obtaining emergency services like towing, changing a flat, or boosting a battery. Third-party service costs are your responsibility.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance: You can be covered if your eligible rental car is damaged or stolen when you use your eligible card to reserve and pay for the entire eligible vehicle rental and decline the collision damage waiver at the rental car counter.
About Medallion Status and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs)
When you join the Delta SkyMiles program and start earning miles on all of your flights with Delta and most partner airlines, you will also begin earning Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) toward your Medallion Status, which gives you access to added benefits when you fly.
There are 4 Tiers of Medallion Status, which include Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond, and each of the 4 Tiers of Medallion Status will provide you with additional benefits, such as earning more miles on flights, flight benefits, fee waivers, airport benefits, and much more.
You can reach these 4 Tiers of Medallion Status through a combination of earning Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs), Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs), or Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs).
- Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) are earned based on the distance that you fly and the fare class of your ticket.
- Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) are earned based on the number of flights that you take.
- Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) are earned based on how much you spend on Delta flights and many partner flights.
Medallion Status is earned for U.S.-based members through a combination of flying and spending with Delta and their partner airlines each year.
As a member of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, you’ll be able to earn bonus Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) when you make qualifying purchases, which will give you access to a variety of great benefits as a Delta SkyMiles program member.
You may also be interested in the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Consumer Credit Card from American Express to earn extra airline miles for your personal travel and vacations.