M1 Finance lets you automatically invest in what you want for free with M1’s simple portfolio builder, so that you can choose your own investments, use intelligent automation build wealth over time, and never pay commissions again.
$10 New M1 Finance Account Bonus: Get a $10 bonus when you sign up through this $10 M1 Finance Referral Link, create your free account, fund your account within 90 days ($100 minimum for taxable accounts and $500 minimum for IRAs), and maintain that initial qualifying deposit for 90 days.
M1 Finance up to $2,500 Transfer Bonus: Now through February 15, 2020, transfer from any brokerage account or retirement account and earn up to $2,500. Get $100 for $20,000+, $250 for $100,001+, $500 for $250,001+, $1,000 for $500,001+, and $2,500 for $1,000,001+.
About M1 Finance Free Investment Platform
- M1 is Single, Convenient, and Free to Use.
- Build Your Custom Portfolio by Picking the Investments You Want.
- Choose from Any Public Company or ETF, or Select from Expert-Designed Template Portfolios.
- Deposit or Withdraw Money whenever You Want, or Set Up Recurring Funding to Make Investing Automatic.
- Your Money Automatically Flows into Your Investment Portfolio with Each Deposit.
- M1 Finance Does Not Charge Commissions or Brokerage Fees, so it is Always Free to Use.
- M1 Finance is a member of SIPC (Securities Investor Protection Corporation). Securities in accounts are protected up to $500,000.
M1 Finance $10 New User Bonus Credit
1. Sign up for a free account via this $10 M1 Finance Referral Link to get started.
2. Fund your account within 90 days – $100 minimum for taxable accounts and $500 minimum for IRAs.
3. Maintain your initial qualifying funding for 90 days.
4. Once the referral qualifications are met, you will see your $10 bonus credit under “Settings > Promotions” in your account.
If you opened a retirement account, you must also open a non-retirement account to receive your referral credit.
How To Invest with M1 Finance
M1 Finance lets you invest in “Pies” or investment portfolios that are based on your risk tolerance, time-frame, goals, and other factors.
You can create your own Pies and/or select from expert-designed Pies that are available for your investments.
You can select any type of investment Pie that you would like, or you can choose multiple Pies and diversify your funds by investing different percentages of your money into different Pies, and you can edit and change your Pie selections at any time.
Every time that you fund your M1 Finance account, either through a 1-time or recurring deposit, your money will be automatically invested into the selection of Pies or investment portfolios that you have chosen.
Types of M1 Investment Pies
- General Investing – Easily create a diversified portfolio and set it to your own personal risk tolerance.
- Plan for Retirement – Invest for your target retirement date in a portfolio that adjusts to your goals as you age.
- Responsible Investing – Sound financial options for the socially responsible investor.
- Income Earners – Choose a portfolio focused on dividends and income returns.
- Hedge Fund Followers – Mimic the investment strategies of some of the most successful investors and reputable hedge funds.
- Industries & Sectors – From Aerospace to BioTech and beyond, invest directly in the industries you believe are future winners.
- Just Stocks & Bonds – Build a diversified, low-cost portfolio with a simple balance of 2 ETFs, focused on stocks and bonds.
- Other Strategies – Explore additional investment strategies and find what’s right for you.
M1 Finance Give $10 Get $10 Referral Program
The M1 Finance Refer-A-Friend Program lets you give your friends a $10 bonus credit when they open and fund a new account, plus you’ll earn a $10 bonus credit for each new user that you refer to M1 Finance, so both parties benefit.
Once you have opened and funded your M1 Finance account, you can participate in their referral program, and M1 Finance will give you each $10 to invest when your friend signs up and funds their portfolio.
In order to be eligible to participate in the M1 Finance Referral Program, your M1 account must be funded.
How To Refer New Users to M1 Finance
1. Open your M1 Finance Dashboard (mobile) or click on your name (website).
2. Click “Refer & Earn” to start referring new members (this will only be visible if your account is funded).
3. Sign up for the referral program.
4. Choose your Payment Account where your referral bonuses will be paid.
5. Share your unique M1 Finance referral link with your friends, family, and associates.
6. You will receive a $10 referral bonus in your Payment Account within 14 days of your referee signing up and funding their M1 account.
7. Once the referral qualifications are met, you will see your $10 promotion under “Settings > Promotions.”
M1 Finance Referral Program Terms
- The offer is valid only for new brokerage or IRA accounts with M1.
- To qualify for the bonus, referred new users must make an initial deposit of $100 for taxable accounts or $500 for IRAs within 90 days of sign-up and not withdraw that initial deposit for 90 days.
- This promotion is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable.
- Offer available to U.S. Residents only.
- Both you and anyone you refer will be required to have an open brokerage account to receive referral credits.
- Please note that your Payment Account must be an individual or joint taxable brokerage account (funding not required), but a Payment Account cannot be a retirement account, so if you opened a retirement account, you must also open a non-retirement account in order to receive your referral credits.
A special thank you goes out to our reader Toby for alerting us to the new referral program from M1 Finance, and you may feel free to use Toby’s Referral Link to qualify for the bonus when you open a new M1 Finance account.