Acorns is an investment service that invests your spare change automatically from everyday purchases into a diversified portfolio.
Sign up via this $5 Acorns New Account Bonus Link to get a $5 free credit when you create a new account and successfully complete your first investment for any amount.
Updated July 6, 2018 – $50 Acorns Spend Referral Bonus: Acorns is now offering current members an extra $50 bonus when you sign up for Acorns Spend and invite 3 friends to Acorns between July 1st and July 31, 2018. You’ll also each receive $5 per referral, and they’ll plant an oak tree in your name with the help of One Tree Planted.
You may also like this $5 Qapital Savings Tool Bonus for a free banking app that helps you automatically save money.
Acorns $5 New Account Bonus
Create an account using this $5 Acorns Referral Link to get a $5 bonus automatically credited to your new account.
If you already created an Acorns account, you can also enter Referral Code QB7UV9 on the home page of the Acorns App to get the $5 bonus credited to your account.
- If you register for an Acorns account and start investing, Acorns will credit a $5 reward in the form of investments into your Acorns account.
- The $5 reward will appear immediately after you create your new account, and it will be subsequently credited in the form of a purchase of investments in your Acorns portfolio.
- The $5 bonus will be invested in your Acorns portfolio after your account is fully approved and you successfully complete your first investment.
- You can start investing with Acorns by: linking your credit and debit cards to receive round-ups on your purchases; setting up a recurring investment on a weekly or monthly basis; or by making a 1-time investment into your Acorns account.
How the Acorns Investment App Works
To get started, you simply connect your credit card or debit card from a checking account to your Acorns account.
Acorns rounds up each of your credit card or debit card transactions to the nearest dollar and invests the spare change into a diversified portfolio.
You can also set recurring monthly deposits if you would like to invest on a regular basis.
Acorns offers a personalized investment portfolio, no account minimums, no commissions, and fractional investing.
Acorns has no management fees on accounts of any size for all students (use your .edu email address) and anyone under 24 years old.
Otherwise, there is a $1 per month fee for accounts under $1,000,000, and a .25% per year fee for accounts of $1,000,000 or more.
They never charge fees for accounts with a $0 balance, and you can get started with as little as $5 (once your spare change meets that threshold).
You can withdraw any amount of your money at any time without having to pay any fees or penalties.
Acorns is only available to residents of the United States right now, although exceptions are made for active Armed Services personnel that maintain U.S. addresses and are temporarily overseas, but they plan to expand globally soon.
Acorns Found Money Offers Extra Cash Invested
You can get extra bonus cash invested directly into your Acorns account when you participate in their Found Money offers by making purchases from various retailers, services, and brands.
For example, you can get cash rebates including 1% of your Walmart purchases, 3% of your Sephora purchases, and 4% of your Expedia travel purchases along with other cash bonuses like $30 for adding a new T-Mobile line, $25 for getting DIRECTV, and $10 for starting a Sam’s Club membership.
To earn extra cash with the Found Money offers, you simply link your credit and debit cards with Acorns and use your linked cards to make qualifying purchases, and the bonuses will be automatically invested into your Acorns portfolio.
Current Found Money Offers on Acorns
- 1-800-FLOWERS = $10 Invested.
- 24 Hour Fitness = 5% Invested.
- AT&T DIRECTV = $25 Invested.
- Advance Auto Parts = 5% Invested.
- AIRBNB = Up to 1.8% Invested for Guests.
- AIRBNB = $200 Invested for Hosts.
- Alamo = 2% Invested.
- American Eagle = 2% Invested.
- Avon = $10 Invested.
- BillShark = $10 Invested.
- Blooom = $10 Invested.
- Blue Apron = $30 Invested.
- Choice Hotels = 5% Invested.
- CheapOAir = $5 Invested.
- Commonbond = $100 Invested.
- DIRECTV = $25 Invested.
- DISH = $75 Invested.
- Earnest = $100 Invested.
- Hotwire = 4% Invested.
- Lyft = $15 Invested.
- Sam’s Club = $10 Invested.
- Warby Parker = 10% Invested.
- Tons of Other Brands and Services Available.
Shop with Acorns Found Money to get cash back on your purchases from select retailers, brands, and services automatically invested into your Acorns account.
Acorns Later – Tax-Advantaged IRA Account
You can now sign up for Acorns Later to automatically set aside money in a tax-advantaged IRA account.
Acorns Later is an IRA, which stands for Individual Retirement Account, and they’ll automatically select the right type of IRA for your lifestyle and goals, each offering distinct tax advantages and eligibility.
Just like Acorns investment accounts, you can begin investing in Acorns Later with just $5.
You simply upgrade to the latest app version, log in using your Acorns credentials, and set up your account in a few simple steps.
It costs $1 extra per month to upgrade to Acorns Later, which means that you can upgrade and get Acorns + Acorns Later for just $2/month until you have $1 million invested.
Acorns Spend – Checking Account with Debit Card
Acorns Spend is a checking account with a debit card that saves, invests, and earns for you with an investment account and a retirement account built in.
- Instantly Save and Invest: Receive real-time round-ups, automatic retirement savings, custom spend strategies and more.
- Easy Access: Digital direct deposit, mobile check deposit, mobile check sending, free bank-to-bank transfers and unlimited free or fee-reimbursed ATMs nationwide.
- Earn Money: Get all of the Found Money that comes with Acorns, plus earn up t 10% invested in you from local places you visit every day.
- Spend Strategies: Easy, smart ways to save together while you spend.
- No overdraft or minimum balance fees.
- FDIC-protected checking account up to $250,000, plus fraud protection and all-digital card lock.
- Get All 3 Services – Acorns, Acorns Later and Acorns Spend – for just $3 per month.
Acorns Referral Program Bonuses
Acorns offers a customer referral program to earn extra cash rewards for referring your friends to Acorns.
Once you Create Your Acorns Account, you will gain access to the referral program and your unique Acorns referral code.
You simply share your Acorns referral code with your friends to give them a $5 sign-up bonus.
For each referral that you provide who opens an Acorns account, you will receive a $5 referral bonus.
The person you refer must use your personal invitation code or referral link when they sign up for you both to receive the $5 reward.
Rewards will be credited when the person you refer is fully approved for their new Acorns account and successfully completes their first investment.
Acorns reserves the right to restrict or revoke this offer at any time.
$50 Acorns Spend Referral Bonus in July 2018
You can earn a $50 bonus when you sign up for Acorns Spend and also refer 3 friends to Acorns.
In order to qualify, you’ll need to sign up for Acorns Spend and order your free debit card.
Once you set up your Acorns Spend account, you’ll need to refer 3 new users to Acorns between 7/1/2018 and 7/31/2018.
The $50 bonuses will be paid out on or around 8/15/2018.
If you close your Acorns Later account before 8/15/2018, or make an investment that results in a chargeback, you will not qualify for the promotion.
If you are an Acorns customer with access to the referral program right now, please feel free to share your referral codes in the below comments and to provide additional details about the current referral offer.