OhmConnect is a free service that pays you to save energy during peak hours in the states of California, Texas, and New York.
To get a $10-$30 bonus, join via this OhmConnect $10-$30 Promotional Link and connect your utility account to start saving energy ($10 in California, $30 in Texas, or $20 in New York).
New OhmConnect customers will earn a $10 bonus if you live in California (PG&E, SDG&E and SCE), a $30 bonus if you live in Texas (open to all residents), or a $20 bonus if you live in New York (ConEd).
Once you connect your utility account, you can receive weekly payments for reducing your electricity by only 1 hour per week.
OhmConnect informs you when you are using energy from dirty and unsustainable power plants, and if you reduce your energy use at that time, they send you a payment.
OhmConnect is free to use, your utility service remains completely unaffected, and you can opt-out at any time.
Plus, you can participate in the OhmConnect Referral Program to earn a $20-$40 bonus for each new user that you refer.
Where OhmConnect Works
Customers of the following utilities are eligible to receive payments for participating in OhmConnect:
- California users with PG&E (Pacific Gas & Electric), SDG&E (San Diego Gas & Electric) or SCE (Southern California Edison).
- Texas users with Electricity Plan from OhmConnect Energy.
- New York users with ConEd utility account.
Please note that while OhmConnect works directly with your current utility provider in California and New York to pay you for saving energy, OhmConnect is actually a registered retail electricity provider in Texas, so they both provide you with energy and pay you for saving energy in Texas.
How OhmConnect Works
1. OhmConnect monitors real-time conditions on the electricity grid.
2. When dirty and unsustainable power plants are turned on, OhmConnect users receive a notification to save energy at that time for about 30 minutes.
3. By saving energy at that time, the state that you live in does not have to turn on additional power plants and the energy authorities pay for that, allowing you to earn from $100 to $300 per year.
If you have smart devices and electric vehicles, you can also automate OhmConnect, which allows you to reduce your energy at the right time without lifting a finger.
You may even qualify for attractive rebates for connecting various devices to OhmConnect.
Earn Points for Participating in OhmHours
An OhmHour is a peak energy usage period where you can reduce your electricity use for about 30 minutes to get paid.
OhmConnect will send you a text and an email telling you that an OhmHour is in effect, and you must click on the link in the message to confirm your participation.
You complete a few tasks, such as turning off lights to save energy, and OhmConnect credits you with participation points on the next day.
OhmHours occur every week depending on energy use.
The minimum cash out is 500 points ($5 value) with instant payouts provided via PayPal.
You can also donate your earnings to local non-profits and charitable causes.
OhmConnect $10-$30 New User Bonus
New OhmConnect users can get a free $10-$30 bonus just for joining and connecting your utility account (available for California, Texas, and New York).
- California – Get a $10 Bonus when you Connect your PG&E, SCE, or SDG&E utility account and become an active customer by saving energy.
- Texas – Get a $30 Bonus when you sign up for an electricity plan with OhmConnect Energy and remain an active member for 10 days.
- New York – Get a $20 Bonus when you Connect your ConEd utility account and become an active customer by saving energy.
Just sign up via a current OhmConnect user’s referral link to get a $10-$30 bonus reward instantly added to your new account.
OhmConnect Referral Links
You must participate in an OhmHour before you can cash out.
Once you participate in an OhmHour, you can cash out and have your funds instantly deposited into your PayPal account.
When you cash out, you may also be offered the option to share a post on Facebook, which will increase your payout by 25%.
OhmConnect Referral Program $20-$40 Bonuses
The OhmConnect refer-a-friend program provides a $20-$40 bonus for referring new customers.
New members will earn a $10-$30 instant bonus just for joining OhmConnect, and current members will earn a $20-$40 bonus for each new user that you refer.
The OhmConnect referral bonus is $40 for you and $10 for them in California, $30 for you and $30 for them in Texas, and $20 for you and $20 for them in New York.
Once you create an OhmConnect account, you will have access to your own unique referral link to share with your friends and family.
There is no limit to how many new users you can refer to OhmConnect or the amount of cash rewards that you can earn.
You may also be interested in this Arcadia $10 Energy Bill Credit to power your home with sustainable electricity from wind farms.