Citibank is offering several new promotions for a $400 bonus with a new Citigold Account Package, a $100 bonus for a new Citibank Account Package, and up to a $400 interest bonus for current Citibank customers who upgrade to Citigold.
Take advantage of these Citibank checking account promotional offers through February 28, 2015.
Citigold Account Package $400 Bonus
1. Visit this Citigold Account $400 Promo Page to apply online, visit a Citibank branch to apply in person, or call CitiPhone Banking to apply by phone.
2. Open a new consumer checking account in the Citigold Account Package by February 28, 2015.
3. Within 30 days after account opening, deposit a minimum of $50,000 in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or new or existing Savings Plus account, and then maintain that balance for the next 15 days.
4. The $400 cash bonus will be credited to your new checking account within 90 days from the end of the month in which you complete all offer requirements.
$100 Citibank Account Package Bonus
1. Visit the Citibank Account Promo Page to apply online, visit a Citibank branch to apply in person, or call CitiPhone Banking to apply by phone.
2. Open a new consumer Checking Account in the Citibank Account Package by February 28, 2015.
3. Within 30 days after account opening, deposit a minimum of $10,000 in new-to-Citibank funds into the new checking account or new or existing Savings Plus account, and then maintain that balance for the next 15 days.
4. The $100 cash bonus will be credited to your new checking account within 90 days from the end of the month in which you complete all offer requirements.
$400 Current Citibank Customer Interest Bonus
1. Visit the Citibank Current Customer Upgrade Promotion to enroll and upgrade.
2. Enroll in this promotion by speaking to a Citibank representative and upgrade to the Citigold Account Package. (If you already have one, you’re a step ahead.).
3. Fund a new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account with a minimum of $25,000 new-to-bank funds by February 28, 2015.
4. Maintain a minimum balance of at least $25,000 throughout the next 3 monthly statement periods, and you can earn triple the interest on your savings for this bonus period: up to a $400 bonus.
Avoiding Citibank Monthly Banking Fees
Please note that you must maintain a substantial minimum balance in the Citigold and Citibank accounts in order to avoid paying monthly maintenance fees.
However, you can avoid the Basic Banking account monthly fee by making 1 direct deposit and 1 bill payment per statement period.
Citigold Account Package – Monthly service fee is waived if you maintain a combined average monthly balance of $50,000 in deposits and retirement balances OR $100,000 in combined average monthly balances in deposits, retirement, investments, credit cards, and loans/lines of credit excluding first mortgage, otherwise a $30 monthly service fee is applied.
Citibank Account Package – Monthly service fee is waived if you maintain a combined average monthly balance of $15,000 in eligible linked products, otherwise a monthly service fee of $20 is applied. Eligible linked products are linked deposits, loans, mortgages, credit cards, retirement and investment accounts.
Basic Banking Package – Monthly service fee is waived if the following transactions are completed: maintain a combined average monthly balance of $1,500 in either your Basic checking or your linked Basic Savings Account OR if you make 1 Direct Deposit AND 1 Bill Payment each monthly statement period, otherwise a $10 monthly service fee is applied. Qualifying bill payments are those made using Citibank Online, Citi Mobile or CitiPhone Banking. Bills paid by making a transfer between linked accounts and/or transfer payments made to accounts within Citibank or to accounts with Citibank affiliates do not qualify as bill payments for this offer. Qualifying direct deposits are Automated Clearing House (ACH) credits, which may include payroll, pension, or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer or an outside agency.
These minimum balance requirements and monthly account fees may vary between different states, so please check the account details for your specific state before opening an account.
It’s also important to note that the value of rewards from redeemed points will be reported to the IRS as miscellaneous income on Form 1099-MISC, as required by applicable law.
Take advantage of this Citibank Checking bonus offer to earn up to $400 in free rewards.
Review these other Banking Bonuses for more checking account and savings account promotions.
Sign up for your new Citi checking account bonus today.