Citibank is offering a new banking promotion for a $400 bonus when you open a new Citigold Account Package or Citibank Account Package and deposit $15,000 for at least 30 days into either your new checking account or a new or existing Citibank Savings Plus account.
Take advantage of this Citibank checking account promotional offer through August 31, 2016.
You can apply online, in-branch, or by phone for this offer.
$400 Citigold or Citibank Account Package Bonus
1. Visit this Citibank Checking Account $400 Promo Page to apply online, visit a Citibank branch to apply in person, or call CitiPhone Banking to apply by phone and mention code 45WYUPSTWJ.
2. Open a new consumer checking account in the Citigold Account Package or Citibank Account Package by August 31, 2016.
3. Make an eligible deposit of $25,000 or more in new-to-Citibank funds into your new Checking or new or existing Citibank Savings Plus account within 30 days after account opening.
4. Maintain a minimum of $25,000 for the next 30 days to receive your bonus.
5. The $400 cash bonus will be credited to your new checking account within 90 days from the end of the month in which you complete all offer requirements.
Citibank Checking Promotional Details
- This offer is for new consumer checking customers only, 18 years or older.
- To be eligible for this offer, customer must not currently have a consumer checking account with Citibank.
- Customers are not eligible for this offer if the customer was a signer on or owner of a Citibank consumer checking account within the last 60 days.
- Eligible accounts must have been opened within 60 calendar days of enrollment in this offer. However, signers on fiduciary, estate, business and certain trust accounts are not eligible.
- Customer can have an existing Citibank Savings Plus Account.
- The new checking account in The Citigold Account Package or The Citibank Account Package and/or new or existing Citibank Savings Plus Account must be open and in good standing at the time the cash bonus is credited to the checking account.
Avoiding Citibank Monthly Banking Fees
Please note that you must maintain a substantial minimum balance in the Citigold and Citibank accounts in order to avoid paying monthly maintenance fees.
However, you can avoid the Basic Banking account monthly fee by making 1 direct deposit and 1 bill payment per statement period.
Citigold Account Package – Monthly service fee is waived if you maintain a combined average monthly balance of $50,000 in deposits and retirement balances OR $100,000 in combined average monthly balances in deposits, retirement, investments, credit cards, and loans/lines of credit excluding first mortgage, otherwise a $30 monthly service fee is applied.
Citibank Account Package – Monthly service fee is waived if you maintain a combined average monthly balance of $15,000 in eligible linked products, otherwise a monthly service fee of $20 is applied. Eligible linked products are linked deposits, loans, mortgages, credit cards, retirement and investment accounts.
Basic Banking Package – Monthly service fee is waived if the following transactions are completed: maintain a combined average monthly balance of $1,500 in either your Basic checking or your linked Basic Savings Account OR if you make 1 Direct Deposit AND 1 Bill Payment each monthly statement period, otherwise a $10 monthly service fee is applied. Qualifying bill payments are those made using Citibank Online, Citi Mobile or CitiPhone Banking. Bills paid by making a transfer between linked accounts and/or transfer payments made to accounts within Citibank or to accounts with Citibank affiliates do not qualify as bill payments for this offer. Qualifying direct deposits are Automated Clearing House (ACH) credits, which may include payroll, pension, or government payments (such as Social Security) by your employer or an outside agency.
These minimum balance requirements and monthly account fees may vary between different states, so please check the account details for your specific state before opening an account.
It’s also important to note that the value of rewards from redeemed points will be reported to the IRS as miscellaneous income on Form 1099-MISC, as required by applicable law.
Take advantage of this Citibank Checking bonus offer to earn up to $400 in free rewards.
If you are able to make a larger deposit, then this Citibank Savings Plus Account Promotion may be a better option for you to earn even more cash rewards.
Sign up for your new Citi checking account bonus today.