The Chime Visa Prepaid Card has updated their referral program to provide new card members with a $10 sign-up bonus when you join via a current member’s referral, plus current members will earn a $10 referral bonus for each new member that you refer, and you can earn special shopping rewards when you use your Chime card at participating merchants.
New Chime Card members can earn a $10 sign-up bonus when you enroll and make an opening deposit of $100 or more between November 1st and November 30, 2016.
About Chime Card
The Chime prepaid card is a reloadable debit card that may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
You’ll earn instant cash back to your card when you shop at Chime’s partner merchants with no coupons required including up to $100 in Chime rewards at participating stores and restaurants near you every month.
Plus, you can earn a $10 bonus for each friend that you refer who opens a Chime prepaid card account, and your friends will earn a $10 sign-up bonus when they join via your referral.
Chime Prepaid Card $10 Sign-Up Bonus for New Customers
New customers can sign up via this Chime Card $10 Referral Bonus Link to get a $10 bonus when you apply for the Chime Card.
In order to qualify for the $10 bonus, you must enroll using the above referral link, successfully pass ID verification, and fund your account with a minimum deposit of $100 on the first transfer between November 1st and November 30, 2016.
When the new customer completes the above actions, both parties will qualify for the $10 rewards.
Please note that the above referral link is provided by a reader that has access to the “$10 for $10 referral reward campaign,” which you can see within the fine print on the bottom of the referral landing page, and not all Chime users will have access to this same referral offer.
Chime Prepaid Card $10 Referral Bonus Program
The Chime card referral program offers current members a $10 bonus for each new customer that you refer who signs up for a Chime prepaid card account.
Plus, new customers will also receive a $10 bonus, so everybody benefits.
However, it’s important to note that Chime is currently offering 2 different versions of the referral program for customers right now, and only 1 version offers both the referrer and referee a $10 bonus, while the other version only offers the referrer a $10 bonus, so check your account carefully to see which offer you have access to.
When you click through a referral link, you can also check the fine print on the bottom of the sign-up page to see for which offer you are qualifying.
Please feel free to share your Chime referral links in the comments below this article.
Referral Program Terms
In order for both parties (the referred friend and the referring Chime member) to qualify for and receive the $10 referral reward, the following conditions must be met:
- The referred friend must open a new Chime Spending Account using the referring Chime member’s unique referral link and make a single 1-time opening deposit of $100 or more before November 30, 2016.
- The opening deposit of the referred friend must be made either by direct deposit, bank ACH transfer, or external debit card transfer. Pay Friends transfers and cash loads do not qualify as an opening deposit.
- Referring Chime member must be part of the $10 for $10 referral reward campaign in order for both parties to be eligible for the $10 referral reward.
- The referral reward is paid to both parties within 1 business day after qualifying funds are first deposited into the referred friend’s Spending Account.
- Eligible referring Chime members can earn no more than $500 in referral rewards per calendar year (January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016).
Chime Prepaid Card Shopping Rewards
Chime offers 2 different types of rewards including Store Credit and Earned Credit:
Chime’s store credit rewards are simply a free credit that you can use at a select merchant.
For instance, you may have a $5 store credit on your Chime card that is good at Moe’s Diner, so you simply have $5 in free credit to spend when you use your Chime card at Moe’s Diner.
Once the offer has been spent, it will no longer be available for you.
Chime’s earned credit rewards are credited to your Chime card account once you’ve spent a certain dollar amount at one of Chime’s partner stores or restaurants.
For instance, Moe’s Diner may offer a $5 credit once you’ve spent $50 with them on your Chime card, so when you’ve reached the $50 goal, a $5 credit will automatically be applied to your account.
The Chime rewards offers rotate about every 30 to 60 days, and any offer that is available to you will show up in the Offers section of your online account or in their mobile apps.
Chime Prepaid Card Fees and Usage Details
Chime has no minimum balance, monthly fees, or overdraft fees.
The Chime card used to have a $5 monthly maintenance fee, which was only charged after 180 consecutive days of no purchases, withdrawals, or deposits to your account, but I don’t see any evidence of this fee listed in their terms at this time.
Other fees include:
- Domestic Cash Withdrawal Fee for both transactions made at an ATM and Over-The-Counter “OTC” withdrawals: $2.50 per transaction.
- ATM Balance Inquiry Fee: $0.50 per transaction.
- International Transaction Fee: 3% of the total purchase amount.
- International Cash Withdrawal Fee for both transactions made at an ATM and Over-The-Counter “OTC” withdrawals: $2.50 + 3% of the total withdrawal amount.
- Check Refund Fee: $5.00 per check issued.
- Express Card Replacement Fee: $25.00 per card issued.
You can add money to your Chime card via a direct deposit, bank transfer, another bank’s debit card, and cash through Green Dot MoneyPak.
Chime will never charge you a fee to load funds to your account, but a fee does apply when loading funds through Green Dot MoneyPak.
Chime also does not check your credit when you open an account, and they don’t report to any credit bureaus about your account usage, so this is a viable prepaid card option for those with less than stellar credit scores.
Take advantage of Chime for a rewarding alternative to your debit card that provides access to $100 in Chime rewards at participating local merchants near you each month.
A special thank you goes out to Doctor of Credit for originally alerting me to the Chime Card offers and for letting me know that the Chime referral program once was perpetually extended each month, and check out their review for possible manufactured spending opportunities with the Chime prepaid card.
Please feel free to share your Chime prepaid card referral links in the comments below this article, and start a referral conga line, so that everybody can get the $10 bonuses.