There are a variety of Chase Bank bonus coupon codes available that provide you with a $150, $200, $350, $500, or even $600 cash reward when you open a new Chase checking account or savings account.
Chase accounts are available to residents in: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, NV, NJ, NY, OH, OK, OR, TX, UT, WA, WV, and WI.
Current Chase Bank Bonus Links
The following promotions from Chase Bank have online links available to access the coupon codes.
Updated 1/30/2020: The $600 and $500 Chase combo coupon links are currently expired, but other offers remain available below.
$350 Chase Total Checking and Chase Savings Combo Bonus
- Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking account with a direct deposit and/or a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase Savings account with a $10,000 deposit in new money that you maintain for 90 days. You can open either or both accounts and earn up to $350 in total.
$300 Chase Savings
- Earn a $300 cash bonus when you open a new Chase Savings account, deposit a total of $25,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $25,000 balance for 90 days.
$225 Chase Savings
- Earn a $225 cash bonus when you open a new Chase Savings account, deposit a total of $15,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $15,000 balance for 90 days.
$300 Chase Premier Plus Checking Bonus
- Earn a $300 cash bonus when you open a Chase Premier Plus Checking account and set up a direct deposit.
$100 Chase College Checking
- Earn a $100 bonus when you open a Chase College Checking account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions.
$1,000 Chase Sapphire Checking Bonus
- Open or upgrade to a Chase Sapphire Checking account and transfer $75,000 or more in new money or securities within 45 calendar days to earn a $1,000 bonus.
$500 Chase Total Business Checking Bonus
- Get $500 when you open a Chase Total Business Checking account, deposit $2,500 within 20 business days, maintain that balance for 60 days, and complete 5 qualifying transactions, such as debit card purchases, checks paid, Chase QuickDeposit, ACH credits and debits, and wire transfer credits and debits.
$200 Chase Business Savings Bonus
- Get $200 when you open a Chase Business Savings account, deposit $15,000 within 20 business days, and maintain that balance for 90 days.
$2,000 Chase Private Client Bonus
- Get $2,000 when you upgrade to Chase Private Client, and within 45 calendar days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in new money to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days.
EXPIRED – $600 Chase Total Checking and Chase Savings Combo Bonus
- Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking account with a direct deposit and/or a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Savings account with a $15,000 deposit in new money that you maintain for 90 days. Earn $600 when you do both (an extra $100 bonus). You can open either or both accounts and earn up to $600 in total. This offer allows you to apply online.
EXPIRED – $500 Chase Total Checking and Chase Savings Combo Bonus
- Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking account with a direct deposit and/or a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Savings account with a $15,000 deposit in new money that you maintain for 90 days. You can open either or both accounts and earn up to $500 in total. This offer allows you to apply either online or in-branch.
The above promotions are openly available to all customers who open new accounts with Chase Bank.
You can use these Chase Bank bonus coupon codes to earn bonus cash for opening a new Chase checking or savings account and meeting the qualifications.
Once you get these codes, you can open your account at your local Chase Bank branch with these coupons.
Terms for Chase Bank Promotions
- These Chase Bank bonus coupon codes are generally not available to existing Chase checking or savings customers (depending on which account you’re opening), those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or with a negative balance.
- Your opening deposit cannot be money held by Chase or its affiliates, nor can the bonus be used as the opening deposit.
- Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- After they receive your first direct deposit, they’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- You can receive only 1 new checking and 1 new savings account opening related bonus every 2 years from the last enrollment date and only 1 bonus per account.
- The bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- If your checking account is closed within 6 months, Chase will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
- It’s also important to note that when you open a new account, your monthly maintenance fees will generally be waived for the first 60 days on all Chase Bank checking and savings accounts, so you won’t have to worry about getting hit with a fee right away while you’re getting your new account set up correctly.
States with Chase Bank Branches
Here is a list of states where Chase branches are present:
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
Product offerings and features for checking and savings accounts may differ among geographic locations.
Additionally, you must live within a certain distance of a Chase branch in order to open a checking or savings account online.
How To Redeem Chase Checking Codes
Depending on the particular promotion, you can either apply your coupon code online or present your coupon in person when you open a new account.
Apply In Person at Chase Branches
You can redeem your Chase promotional codes for the Total Checking, Savings, and Premier Plus Checking accounts in person at your local Chase Bank branch by printing the entire email that you receive from Chase Bank and presenting it at the bank when you open your account in person.
Apply Online at Chase.com
To redeem Chase Bank bonus coupon codes online, you would simply start your online application and enter it in the Coupon Code field (visible after you select “I would like to start a new application”).
1. Visit Chase.com to review available accounts.
2. Select the “Open” application button for a qualifying account.
3. In the “Getting Started” section, enter your ZIP Code and select “I would like to start a new application.”
4. The “Coupon Code” field should appear, where you can enter your coupon code.
5. Then click “Next” to continue your application.
Chase $50 Checking and Savings Account Refer A Friend Bonus
Chase Bank is currently offering a $50 referral bonus to current checking and savings account customers when you refer a friend or family member who opens a new Chase Total Checking and/or new Chase Savings account through the Chase Consumer Banking Refer-A-Friend Program.
Just refer your friends and family to open a new Chase Total Checking and/or Savings account for up to $350 in bonus cash, and you can receive a $50 bonus for each referral who opens a qualifying checking and/or savings account for up to 10 bonuses or $500 in total per year.
How To Refer New Checking and Savings Account Customers to Chase Bank
1. Visit this Chase Checking/Savings Referral Page to get started.
2. Enter your Last Name, ZIP Code, and the Last 4 Digits of Your Debit Card from your Chase checking account.
3. Click the “Get Started” button to access your referral options and share with your friends and family.
4. After your referred family and friends have opened their Chase Total Checking and/or Chase Savings account, Chase Bank will deposit the $50 bonus into your primary checking account within 10 business days.
Please feel free to exchange Chase referrals for checking and savings accounts in the comments below this article to share bonus money with other readers.
Chase Checking and Savings Referral Terms
- The $50 referral bonuses are available to eligible personal checking and savings account holders that hold EMV-enabled debit and ATM cards.
- The referred candidate must be a new Chase customer and open a Chase Total Checking and/or Chase Savings account using the corresponding referral coupon.
- You can receive up to 10 referral bonus deposits (totaling $500) each calendar year.
- Bonuses are considered miscellaneous income, and may be reportable to you and the IRS on Form 1099-MISC (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- Refer-a-friend program is not available for the following customer or account types: Associates of JP Morgan Chase Bank, Legal Entities, Title Companies, Estates, or Minor Children.
Earn up to $350 in Bonuses for Chase Referees
Referred friends and family members can earn up to $350 for opening a new Chase Total Checking and/or a new Chase Savings account with qualifying activities.
Unfortunately, the $350 in bonus cash for new customers is not as good as the alternative offer for a $600 Combined Chase Total Checking and Savings Account Bonus that is often available for new customers when applying outside of the referral program.
About Chase Checking and Savings Referral Bonuses
If you are currently a Chase checking account and savings account customer, you can earn referral rewards from Chase for referring new checking and/or new savings account customers.
There is a limit of 10 customer referrals per calendar year or $500 in total referral bonuses per year.
Your Chase referral bonuses will be credited to your bank account within 10 business days of your referrals’ new account opening date.
The new Chase customers you refer will also receive a sign-up bonus, so you both win with this Chase banking bonus offer.
Request Chase Customer Referrals
If you are a current Chase customer who would like to provide new Chase customers with a referral, please feel free to provide your referral links and/or contact information in the comments below, so that they may contact you to request a Chase customer referral.
If you are seeking Chase refer-a-friend coupons, you may also feel free to request referrals within the comments below.
If you are a Chase credit card customer, you can also participate in the Chase Credit Card Referral Program to earn even more bonuses for referring your friends and family to apply for credit cards with Chase Bank.
How To Close Your Chase Checking Account Online
If you’re wondering how to close your Chase Bank checking account, the easiest way to close your Chase checking account is online.
You could close it in person at a branch or over the phone, but then you have to deal with the hassles of their customer service trying to keep you as a customer.
Closing your Chase checking account online avoids the annoyance of having to explain why you want to close your account to a Chase customer service representative.
Plus, it saves time, as you don’t have to drive to your local Chase Bank branch or talk on the phone for 15 minutes.
Follow these 4 steps to close your Chase checking, savings, or any other type of account with Chase Bank.
1. Cancel Any Automatic Transfers or Payments
The first step is to cancel any automatic bill payments, debit card payments, direct deposits, or other types of automatic transfers that you may have scheduled to or from your Chase Bank checking account.
You don’t want to have any late payments or other issues, so you’ll first have to transfer any automatic payments that you have to another bank account.
2. Withdraw Your Funds
The second step is to withdraw all of your funds from your Chase Bank checking account, so that it has a $0 balance.
You don’t necessarily have to withdraw your funds before closing the account, but if you don’t, then Chase Bank will have to issue you your funds via a check, which is just more of a hassle and ties up your funds during the interim.
So if you’ve already set up an external account for transfers to and from your Chase Bank checking account, simply withdraw all of your funds to that account and wait until the transfer is completed.
Once your final transfer is completed, you’ll then want to make sure that you immediately request that your account be closed, because you don’t want to incur any monthly maintenance fees for not meeting the minimum balance requirements.
3. Send a Secure Message to Chase
The third step is to send Chase a message through the Secure Message Center within your online account requesting that your account be closed.
Here’s the message that I sent, which you can copy and paste if you like:
“Hello, Please close my Chase Total Checking account. I have removed all funds from the account, so please close it immediately, as I want to avoid any monthly fees. I just don’t need the account anymore, so that’s why I want to close it. Thank you, Your Name Here.”
You’ll then receive a response message within 3 business days, although I received mine on the same day that I sent my request.
Here’s my response message from Chase Bank:
“Thank you for contacting Chase. I can certainly
understand how concerned you are about closing your
account in a timely manner. My name is “Customer Service”;
it is my pleasure to assist you with your banking needs
We processed your request to close your account ending in
XXXX. Please allow 24 to 72 hours for this request to be
completed. We’re sorry you’ve decided to close your
account with us and hope you consider us for any future
If any outstanding checks or authorized debit/ATM card
transactions are presented for payment, or any Direct
Deposits or other automatic/recurring debits or credits
are presented to this account, the items will either be
returned unpaid, or could possibly re-open the account.
This may prevent the account from closing properly.
Chase strives to provide excellent service to all of our
customers. We have appreciated doing business
with you and it has been our pleasure to be of service to
Please email us through the Secure Message Center while
you are logged on to chase.com, or call us at
1-800-935-9935, if you have any questions.”
4. Your Account Will Be Closed
The final step is your account being closed, which occurred for me within 3 business days.
It’s a simple process to close your Chase Bank checking account online, and it will save you some time and trouble.
Just make sure that you don’t close a Chase checking account within 6 months of opening it, if you earned a Chase account-opening bonus, because Chase will then deduct the bonus amount from your account at closing, although I’m not sure how they would do so if you withdraw all of your funds to a $0 balance before closing it.
Of course, this same online method could be used to close your Chase savings account or any other type of account that you have with Chase Bank, so just use the Secure Message Center to request that your Chase account be closed.
Take advantage of these Chase Bank bonus coupon codes for opening new accounts.