U.S. Bank offers various promotions for opening new consumer or business checking and savings accounts.
These U.S. Bank promotions are available in the following states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OR, SD, TN, UT, WA, WI, and WY.
They only perform a soft pull, and you can fund your new account with a credit card for up to $500.
U.S. Bank $750 Business Checking Bonus
1. Visit this U.S. Bank $750 Business Checking Bonus to apply online for a new U.S. Bank Gold Business Checking Account.
2. To be eligible for the $750 offer, accept and settle a Payment Solutions transaction into your new U.S. Bank Gold Business Checking Account within 30 days of the open date of your Payment Solutions Account.
U.S. Bank $250 Consumer Checking Bonus – EXPIRED
1. Visit this U.S. Bank $250 Promotional Link to apply online.
2. Open a new Platinum, Gold or Easy checking account online with a minimum deposit of $25 by June 21, 2021.
3. Complete 2 or more recurring direct deposits that total $3,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
4. Complete 10 or more debit card transactions totaling $50 or more within 60 days of account opening.
5. Be enrolled in eStatements by July 5, 2021.
6. The $250 bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of verifying your qualifications.
U.S. Bank Consumer Checking Account Details
A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open a U.S. Bank consumer checking account.
Easy Checking – Monthly maintenance fee of $6.95 can be waived: with combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more; OR average account balance of $1,500; OR if account holder(s) age 65 or greater. $2 Paper Statement Fee applies unless enrolled in eStatements (waived for account holders age 65 or greater).
Gold Checking Package – Monthly maintenance fee of $14.95 can be waived with an open U.S. Bank personal loan, line, mortgage, or credit card.
Platinum Checking Package – Monthly maintenance fee of $24.95 can be waived: with $25,000 in combined personal deposits, credit balances with U.S. Bank, and/or investments through U.S. Bancorp Investments; OR a personal trust relationship with U.S. Bank Wealth Management.
U.S. Bank Accounts Available in Many States
You must reside in one of the following states to open a U.S. Bank account online: AR, AZ, CA, CO, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OR, SD, TN, UT, WA, WI, and WY.
Soft Pull to Open U.S. Bank Checking Account
The rep also indicated that when you open a checking account, U.S. Bank will perform a soft pull to verify your identity and address, and it will not show on your credit report.
Use Credit Card to Fund U.S. Bank Checking Account
The rep also said that you can absolutely use a credit card to fund a new account (up to $500), including a U. S. Bank credit card, and it will process faster.
The opening deposit limit is $500, and if you use a U.S. Bank credit card, the opening deposit will NOT be considered a cash advance and will NOT have the higher APR.
You can also fund new accounts using another bank account, debit card, or credit card from another issuer, and the limit for all options is $500.
After the opening deposit, you can make regular deposits into the account either by visiting the branch, from another bank electronically, or if you want to deposit cash from a U.S. bank credit card (or another issuer’s card), it will be a cash advance at a higher APR rate in the future (at least for U.S. Bank cards).
Get a $250 bonus when you open a consumer checking account with U.S. Bank for a limited time.