The SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card offers 3% unlimited cash back on travel purchases, 2% unlimited cash back on qualifying dining purchases, and 1% cash back on all other purchases with the card.
Plus, you can earn a $250 statement credit bonus when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
The SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card does have an $89 annual fee, which is waived for SunTrust Signature Advantage, Premier, and Private Wealth Management Clients.
In order to apply for a SunTrust credit card, you must reside within one of their footprint states, including: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington D.C., and West Virginia.
If you meet the residency requirement, you can apply online for the SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card to earn a $250 statement credit bonus for a limited time and get rewards for all types of travel and dining purchases.
There is also a SunTrust Cash Rewards Credit Card for those who want to earn rebates on gas and grocery purchases.
SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card Features
- $250 Statement Credit when you spend $3,000 on qualifying purchases in the first 3 months after account opening.
- 3% Unlimited Cash Back on travel qualifying purchases.
- 2% Unlimited Cash Back on dining qualifying purchases.
- 1% Unlimited Cash Back on all other qualifying purchases.
- Many redemption options, including cash back, hotels, cruises, airfare and more.
- Get a Cash Deposit Bonus of up to 50% based on your deposit relationship with SunTrust, when you redeem your cash back directly into a SunTrust Checking, Savings or Money Market account.
- Up to a $100 statement credit every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Precheck.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- $89 annual fee waived for SunTrust Signature Advantage, Premier, and Private Wealth Management Clients.
- 0.0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months after account opening.
- As a SunTrust credit cardholder, your FICO Score will be available in Online Banking.
- Choose from 2 card designs to make your card feel more like yours.
- SunTrust World Elite Mastercard Cardholder Benefits.
Please note that if you take advantage of this introductory offer by making a balance transfer, you will be charged interest on purchases made with your credit card. For example, if you transfer a balance of $1,000 and made $25 in purchases in the same billing cycle, you would have to pay $1,025 by the next statement due date to avoid paying interest on the $25 in purchases.
The SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card is a great option to earn a $250 statement credit and receive 3% cash back on travel as well as 2% cash back on dining, especially if you are a SunTrust Signature Advantage, Premier, or Private Wealth Management Client, which allows you to waive the $89 annual fee.
Business owners may also be interested in the SunTrust Business Credit Card to earn business spending rewards.