Fifth Third Bank is offering a $200 bonus when you open an Essential Checking account, make 3 online bill payments, and set up a direct deposit, available through April 9, 2016.
This bonus offer is available to new consumer checking customers, excluding Basic Checking and Express Banking.
About Fifth Third Bank Branches
Fifth Third Bank has branches in Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia ($200 bonus offer not available in St. Louis and Western Pennsylvania).
In order to open an account, you must live in these states or within a 50 mile radius of a branch.
Fifth Third Bank $200 Essential Checking Account Promotion
1. Visit this Promotional Page to open an Essential Checking account between January 19, 2016, and April 9, 2016.
2. Complete 3 online bill payments using Fifth Third Bank’s online bill payment service within 60 days of opening.
3. Set up a direct deposit to your new account within 60 days of opening.
4. Your $200 bonus will be deposited into your account within 6 weeks of meeting the requirements.
Please note that there is a $50 minimum opening deposit required to open all checking accounts and obtain the bonus.
This offer is not available to existing checking customers or to those with a Fifth Third checking account that has been closed within the last 12 months.
The bonus may be taxable as interest income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Each customer is limited to 1 new account-related gift incentive per calendar year.
This promotion is not valid with any other offer.
Fifth Third Bank Consumer Checking Options and Fees
Essential Checking – No $11 monthly fee if you:
- Maintain a combined monthly average balance of $1,500 across your deposit and investment accounts.
- Spend of at least $500 per month on a Fifth Third credit card.
- Have any existing Fifth Third personal mortgage, auto loan, or line of credit with an outstanding balance.
- Are a current or former U.S. military member with monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more.
- Participate in your employer’s Fifth Third banking benefits program with monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more.
- Are a student with a valid student ID.
- Have a Business Premium or Business Elite Checking account and have completed a relationship consent form.
The $11 monthly fee for the Essential Checking account is reduced to $8 per month with a monthly direct deposit totaling $500 or more.
Fifth Third Bank Business Checking Options and Fees
Business Standard: No $11 monthly fee if: You maintain $5,000 in combined monthly average balance across Fifth Third business checking, savings, and CDs.
Business Premium: No $25 monthly fee if: You maintain $10,000 in combined monthly average balance across Fifth Third business checking, savings, and CDs.
Business Elite: No $35 monthly fee if: You maintain $25,000 in combined monthly average balance across Fifth Third business checking, savings, and CDs.
There is a $50 fee to close a business account.
Review these other Banking Promotions for more new checking account bonuses.
A special thank you goes out to Doctor Of Credit for posting about this promotion.