Fifth Third Bank is offering a $250 bonus when you open a new checking account and make direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
About Fifth Third Bank Branches
Fifth Third Bank has branches in Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
In order to open an account, you must live in these states or within a 50-mile radius of a branch.
Fifth Third Bank $250 Essential Checking Account Promotion
1. Visit this Fifth Third Bank Promotional Page to request your $250 cash bonus coupon code by email or to apply online.
2. You can apply online or present the MA code on your coupon either in-branch or by phone when you open a Fifth Third Bank checking account.
3. Make direct deposits totaling $1,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
4. Your $250 bonus will be deposited into your account within 10 business days of meeting the requirements.
Please note that there is a $50 minimum opening deposit required to open all checking accounts and obtain the bonus.
This offer is not available to existing checking customers or to those with a Fifth Third checking account that has been closed within the last 12 months.
The bonus may be taxable as interest income and reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Each customer is limited to 1 new account-related gift incentive per calendar year.
This promotion is not valid with any other offer.
Fifth Third Bank Consumer Checking Options and Fees
Essential Checking – No $11 monthly fee if you:
- Maintain a combined monthly average balance of $1,500 across your deposit and investment accounts.
- Spend of at least $500 per month on a Fifth Third credit card.
- Have any existing Fifth Third personal mortgage, auto loan, or line of credit with an outstanding balance.
- Are a current or former U.S. military member with monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more.
- Participate in your employer’s Fifth Third banking benefits program with monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more.
- Are a student with a valid student ID.
- Have a Business Premium or Business Elite Checking account and have completed a relationship consent form.
The $11 monthly fee for the Essential Checking account is reduced to $8 per month with a monthly direct deposit totaling $500 or more.
Fifth Third Bank Business Checking Options and Fees
Business Standard: No $11 monthly fee if: You maintain $5,000 in combined monthly average balance across Fifth Third business checking, savings, and CDs.
Business Premium: No $25 monthly fee if: You maintain $10,000 in combined monthly average balance across Fifth Third business checking, savings, and CDs.
Business Elite: No $35 monthly fee if: You maintain $25,000 in combined monthly average balance across Fifth Third business checking, savings, and CDs.
There is a $50 fee to close a business account.