Service Credit Union’s Pays 2 Know program offers a $75 bonus when you open an Everyday Checking or Dividend Checking account, have a direct deposit of net pay for at least $500 per month (mobile check deposit has worked in past), and enroll in eCommunications, plus you can earn unlimited $75 referral bonuses for sharing Service with your friends and family.
In addition, anybody in the U.S.A. is eligible to join Service Credit Union when you establish a free membership with the American Consumer Council, so this offer is available nationwide.
To get a $75 bonus when you open a Service checking account and unlimited $75 rewards for sharing Service with friends, participate in the Pays 2 Know referral program.
Updated 5/13/2021 – New $75 Service Checking Bonus Launched: The new $75 checking account bonus from Service Credit Union runs from May 10, 2021, to June 30, 2021. Please note that the Service $75 Bonus Registration Page for this $75 promotion still displays the prior offer for a Starbucks Gift Card, but you will actually qualify for the $75 bonus when you register via this page. To see the $75 bonus details, you can visit this Service Pays 2 Know Referral Registration Form, where current members can access your referral link.
Earn $75 Service Everyday Checking Bonus
1. Visit this $75 Service CU Checking Promotion and complete the registration form.
2. Within 90 days of registering for the referral reward, you must join Service CU and open a new checking account.
3. Choose the “New Member Account” option.
4. Select your eligibility as “American Consumer Council” from the list of options.
5. You can EITHER have Service enroll you in the American Consumer Council directly, OR register yourself with the ACC first and then submit your ACC member ID here (see below for more details).
6. Add the Primary Savings account from the Required Products (on the same page as your ACC eligibility selection).
7. From the Available Products, choose the recommended Everyday Checking account for the option with no monthly maintenance fee.
8. Continue through the rest of the application process and upload identity verifying documents (ID card, utility bill, and ACC certificate) for Service to review (see below for more details).
9. Before you submit your application, you must set up funding for your new accounts (a $5 minimum is required in your Shared Savings account).
10. Within 60 days of account opening, you must have at least 1 direct deposit of net pay totaling at least $500 per month into your new checking account (a mobile check deposit has worked in the past – see below).
11. In addition, you must sign up for eCommunications and keep your new checking account open for 90 days.
12. After you meet the criteria, a $75 bonus will be deposited into your checking account 90 days after account opening.
Free Membership for American Consumer Council (ACC)
Anyone can get free membership in The American Consumer Council (ACC) when you join directly on their website.
To join the ACC for free, enter Membership Code “consumer” when you complete the ACC Membership Application online.
Just make sure you enter the ACC Membership Code “consumer” before you click the “Proceed to Next Step” button, and you’ll get free membership.
After you click the “Proceed to Next Step” button, your application will be complete, and they will instantly send your new ACC member ID number via email.
Once you receive your ACC member ID, you then submit it during the Service Credit Union application to be eligible for credit union membership.
Please note that on the ServiceCU.org website, they also mention that you can use ACC Membership Code “Service” to join the American Consumer Council free of charge. Either code will work.
Uploading Documents with Service Membership Application
During and after the membership application process, you have the option to upload documents for Service to verify your identity.
Required documents include a copy of your identity card, utility bill to confirm address, and American Consumer Council certificate (if you don’t have Service register you with the ACC directly).
Although Service does not specifically request these documents during registration, they will likely request them to approve your membership application.
Therefore, to speed up the approval process, it is worthwhile to submit a copy of your identity card, utility bill, and ACC certificate during the application.
During and after the application process, you should see the option to upload your documents.
Use Mobile Check Deposit for Service Checking Bonus
According to our reader, a mobile check deposit greater than $500 will trigger the bonus for your new Service Credit Union Everyday Checking account.
After you open your Everyday Checking account with Service CU, simply complete a mobile check deposit greater than $500, and you should qualify for the $75 bonus.
However, the terms of the offer technically require a direct deposit, so this may not work for all people.
Please note that the mobile check deposit option worked with the referral program that was available previously, and it may not work with the new version of the program.
Service Pays 2 Know $75 Unlimited Referrals
Once you open a Service Everyday Checking account, you can participate in the Pays 2 Know program to earn unlimited $75 referral rewards.
If you want to participate, you must have a Service Credit Union checking account and a minimum of $5 in your Primary Savings account.
To start referring, complete the Pays 2 Know Registration Form to share your unique referral link.
To qualify, your referred friend must join Service with at least $5 in a Primary Savings account, open a checking account, sign up for eCommunications, have at least 1 direct deposit totaling at least $500 per month into the new checking account, and keep the account open for 90 days.
Once your referrals meet the qualifications, $75 will be deposited into each of your checking accounts 90 days after account opening.
There is no limit to the number of referral bonuses you may earn, and this promotion runs from May 10, 2021, to June 30, 2021.
Service Credit Union Account Options
Primary Savings: No monthly maintenance fee. Earn 5% APY on the first $500 and 0.25% APY on all funds over $500. $5 minimum deposit requirement.
Everyday Checking: No monthly maintenance fee and 3 tiers available – Basic, Direct Deposit and Direct Deposit+. $0 minimum deposit requirement.
Dividend Checking: Fees are waived for average daily balances over $1,500 – Basic, Direct Deposit and Direct Deposit + tiers. $0 minimum deposit requirement.
Holiday Club Account (Savings): No monthly maintenance fee. Earn 3% APY on the first $3,000 and 0.25% APY on all funds over $3,000. To qualify for a Holiday Club Account, you must be an existing member or establish membership by opening a Primary Savings account with a minimum deposit of $5.
Please note that Service Credit Union allows you up to $249 in credit card funding when you open your accounts.
Take advantage of the Service Credit Union Pays 2 Know promotional offer to get a $75 new checking account bonus, plus earn unlimited $75 rewards for referring your friends.
If you’re looking for more nationwide credit union promotions, check out this BECU Promotion as well.
Additional User Notes on Service CU
Here are a few additional reader-submitted notes:
1. I funded the account with my Citi Double Cash card, and it posted as a purchase.
2. The page where you apply has a “Check Status” option. You can upload additional documents there (they asked for ID, utility bill to confirm address, and ACC certificate), or you can upload documents with the original application.
3. Once approved, you need a “PIN” to sign up for online access. This is the last 4 digits of your SSN.
4. To get my referral code, I had to have >$5 in my savings account, as the first $5 is not “available.” Also had to have “available” balance in my checking account.
5. They also have a Holiday Club Savings account, that pays 3% interest on up to $3k.
A special thank you goes out to our reader Kara for alerting us to this offer, providing additional details about the mobile check deposit option, and submitting the above reader notes.