Service Credit Union’s Pays 2 Know program offers new members a $100 bonus when you are referred by a current member, open an Everyday Checking or Dividend Checking account, have a direct deposit of net pay for at least $500 per month (mobile check deposit has worked in past), and enroll in eCommunications, plus current members can earn unlimited $100 referral bonuses for sharing Service with your friends and family.
In addition, anybody in the U.S.A. is eligible to join Service Credit Union when you establish a free membership with the American Consumer Council, so this offer is available nationwide.
To get a $100 bonus when you open a Service checking account and unlimited $100 rewards for sharing Service with friends, participate in the Pays 2 Know referral program.
Earn $100 Service Everyday Checking Bonus
1. Visit this $100 Service CU Checking Promotion and complete the registration form on the bottom of the page. The registration form still shows a “Starbucks Gift Card” reward, which is an older promotion, but if you click on the “Terms and Conditions” link at the bottom of the registration form, you can see that the $100 cash bonus is being offered through March 31, 2023. You can also see the $100 bonus indicated on the Pays 2 Know Program page.
2. Within 90 days of registering for the referral reward, you must join Service CU and open a new checking account.
3. Choose the “New Member Account” option.
4. Select your eligibility as “American Consumer Council” from the list of options.
5. You can EITHER have Service enroll you in the American Consumer Council directly, OR register yourself with the ACC first and then submit your ACC member ID here (see below for more details).
6. Add the Primary Savings account from the Required Products (on the same page as your ACC eligibility selection).
7. From the Available Products, choose the recommended Everyday Checking account for the option with no monthly maintenance fee.
8. Continue through the rest of the application process and upload identity verifying documents (ID card, utility bill, and ACC certificate) for Service to review (see below for more details).
9. Before you submit your application, you must set up funding for your new accounts (a $5 minimum is required in your Shared Savings account).
10. Within 60 days of account opening, you must have at least 1 direct deposit of net pay totaling at least $500 per month into your new checking account (a mobile check deposit has worked in the past – see below).
11. In addition, you must sign up for eCommunications within 60 days and keep your new checking account open for 90 days.
12. After you meet the criteria, a $100 bonus will be deposited into your Primary Savings account 90 days after your account is opened and all criteria are met.
Free Membership for American Consumer Council (ACC)
Anyone can get free membership in The American Consumer Council (ACC) when you join directly on their website.
To join the ACC for free, enter Membership Code “Service” when you complete the ACC Membership Application online.
Just make sure you enter the ACC Membership Code “Service” before you click the “Proceed to Next Step” button, and you’ll get free membership.
After you click the “Proceed to Next Step” button, your application will be complete, and they will instantly send your new ACC member ID number via email.
Once you receive your ACC member ID, you then submit it during the Service Credit Union application to be eligible for credit union membership.
Please note that on the Service CU Membership Page, they mention that you can use ACC Membership Code “Service” to join the American Consumer Council free of charge, so the code should work.
Uploading Documents with Service Membership Application
During and after the membership application process, you have the option to upload documents for Service to verify your identity.
Required documents include a copy of your identity card, utility bill to confirm address, and American Consumer Council certificate (if you don’t have Service register you with the ACC directly).
Although Service does not specifically request these documents during registration, they will likely request them to approve your membership application.
Therefore, to speed up the approval process, it is worthwhile to submit a copy of your identity card, utility bill, and ACC certificate during the application.
During and after the application process, you should see the option to upload your documents.
Use Mobile Check Deposit for Service Checking Bonus
According to our reader, a mobile check deposit greater than $500 will trigger the bonus for your new Service Credit Union Everyday Checking account.
After you open your Everyday Checking account with Service CU, simply complete a mobile check deposit greater than $500, and you should qualify for the $75 bonus.
However, the terms of the offer technically require a direct deposit, so this may not work for all people.
Please note that the mobile check deposit option worked with the referral program that was available previously, and it may not work with the new version of the program.
Service Pays 2 Know $100 Unlimited Referrals
Once you open a Service Everyday Checking account, you can participate in the Pays 2 Know program to earn unlimited $100 referral rewards.
If you want to participate, you must have a Service Credit Union Everyday or Dividend checking account and a minimum of $5 in your Primary Savings account.
To start referring, complete the Pays 2 Know Registration Form to share your unique referral link.
To qualify, your referred friend must join Service with at least $5 in a Primary Savings account, open a checking account, sign up for eCommunications and have at least 1 direct deposit totaling at least $500 per month into the new checking account within 60 days of account opening, plus keep the account open for 90 days.
Once your referrals meet the qualifications, $100 will be deposited into each of your Primary Savings accounts 90 days after account opening and the criteria being met.
There is no limit to the number of referral bonuses you may earn, and this promotion runs through March 31, 2023.
Service Credit Union Account Options
Primary Savings: No monthly maintenance fee. Earn 5% APY on the first $500 and 0.25% APY on all funds over $500. $5 minimum deposit requirement.
Everyday Checking: No monthly maintenance fee and 3 tiers available – Basic, Direct Deposit and Direct Deposit+. $0 minimum deposit requirement.
Dividend Checking: Fees are waived for average daily balances over $1,500 – Basic, Direct Deposit and Direct Deposit + tiers. $0 minimum deposit requirement.
Holiday Club Account (Savings): No monthly maintenance fee. Earn 3% APY on the first $3,000 and 0.25% APY on all funds over $3,000. To qualify for a Holiday Club Account, you must be an existing member or establish membership by opening a Primary Savings account with a minimum deposit of $5.
Please note that Service Credit Union allows you up to $249 in credit card funding when you open your accounts.
Take advantage of the Service Credit Union Pays 2 Know promotional offer to get a $75 new checking account bonus, plus earn unlimited $75 rewards for referring your friends.
If you’re looking for more nationwide credit union promotions, check out this BECU Promotion as well.
Additional User Notes on Service CU
Here are a few additional reader-submitted notes:
1. I funded the account with my Citi Double Cash card, and it posted as a purchase.
2. The page where you apply has a “Check Status” option. You can upload additional documents there (they asked for ID, utility bill to confirm address, and ACC certificate), or you can upload documents with the original application.
3. Once approved, you need a “PIN” to sign up for online access. This is the last 4 digits of your SSN.
4. To get my referral code, I had to have >$5 in my savings account, as the first $5 is not “available.” Also had to have “available” balance in my checking account.
5. They also have a Holiday Club Savings account, that pays 3% interest on up to $3k.
A special thank you goes out to our reader Kara for alerting us to this offer, providing additional details about the mobile check deposit option, and submitting the above reader notes.
I have been an active credit union member at Service Credit Union since 2020 and would be happy to generate a referral for new members. The primary savings pays 5% APY on up to $500 balance. They also have a Holiday Savings which pays (as of 2022) 3% APY on up to $3,000 balance. The referral form is asking for Friend’s First & Last Name, Friend’s email, and Friend’s phone number. Please provide the following info that you will use for this credit union, and email to me at email@example.com : First Name, Last Name, email, phone number.
I want to open an account, but I have some questions, looking forward to answers.
Love banking with Service Credit Union? When you refer a friend to open a new checking account with us, you’ll both get $75*.
To qualify, you must have a Service Credit Union Everyday or Dividend checking account, and your referred friend or family member must also open a checking account, with a direct deposit of their net pay of at least $500 per month and enroll in e-communications. The $75 bonus will be deposited to the checking account of both the referee and referrer within 90 days after the referee’s account is opened as long as all criteria are met within 60 days after account opening.
All you’ll need to do is provide your friend’s name and email address and they will receive an email telling them about the promotion and how they can get rewarded. You can also enter in your cell phone number to receive a text message** that you can forward to your friends, or share the promotion via social media.
That is copy from the service credit union website, I wondered if I need somebody to send me an email to be qualified for the bonus or just enter a code it seemed you guys did when opening the account, any one can tell more?
Btw, see the following from website too
Reap the Rewards of Everyday Checking, and Get $100!*
Did you know that by enrolling in direct deposit, you’re eligible for up to .75% off our lowest loan rates**, reimbursements on ATM and foreign transaction fees,*** and access to a network of thousands of no-charge ATMs around the world?
Sign up for a new checking account with direct deposit and eCommunications, or add direct deposit and eCommunications to your existing checking account, and you’lll earn $100.*
Set up your direct deposit now by completing this form and providing it to your employer’s payroll department, or speak to a Service CU member services representative about ClickSWITCH, our free service that makes it easy for you to securely switch your direct deposits and automatic payments to your new Service CU account.
So maybe I can get $175 when opening when meeting the standard?
Anyone will tell more?
I am waiting for someone to answer my questions, and I will use that person as my referrer, thank you very much!
jere kendall says
I did this promo and it worked very well. Overall, a hassle-free bank, which is rare.
I used gadget’s link below, and now here’s mine. Happy hunting!
John D says
If you are interested in this Service Credit Union please feel free to use my
referral code when you open your Everyday Checking account for the $100 Bonus.
there is a section where they ask for your friends referral code where you enter it.
I used a code from this website and am very grateful.
Referral code is P2K0421990456
Thanks if you are interested.
This bonus is supposedly ending the end of this week so I would sign up ASAP if you want the $100 bonus (and the savings accounts).
My referral code code is P2K0417781874
I would recommend joining the ACC first as they may require you to send the certificate (which you should receive immediately by email) to prove your membership. I was already an ACC member from years ago.
I recommend signing up for the required savings (for 5% on up to $500), the Everyday checking (for the $100 bonus) and the Holiday savings (for 3% on up to $3000).
You enter the referral code when you add the Everyday checking to the application.
They don’t appear to be Chex sensitive as I was approved with a lot of Chex inquiries and haven’t seen many people mention getting denied for the accounts.
You may need to check your emails a few times as they request several things from you (nothing too unreasonable).
I made a $500+ transfer from All America bank and that triggered the bonus so any $500+ ACH transfer appears to qualify for the bonus.
I used a Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa credit card to fund the accounts. It counted as a purchase but did not count as an “online purchase” for the extra CB.
Here is my referral code again (in case you missed it): P2K0417781874
Thanks for anyone that uses it to sign up. Let me know if you have any questions.
Wanted to let your readers know that there are rumors that new sign-ups for the $100 referral may be ending 8/21 or so.
If you decide to sign up, feel free to use my referral code (in the main post right above the comments) or someone else’s code below.
Michelle B. says
Referral code: P2K0419451052
This credit union will approve members nationwide if you join the American Consumer Council (ACC). It’s free to join the ACC with Membership Code “service” or “consumer”. They will ask you for your ACC member number and certificate.
The Everyday Checking account is fee-free. On the application, once you select the checking account, there will be a question “Did a friend refer you through the Pays 2 Know Program?*”. Once you select Yes, it will say “Enter the referrer’s Unique ID:*”, you can paste my code: P2K0419451052
You can upload your ACC certificate, ID or D/L, and address verification item during the application, or later from the application status page.
– Promo code should be blank. You are being referred, so a promotion code is not required.
– Expect an e-mail from sender “membership” first, where they request any documents needed, or to inform you they are forwarding the application for review.
– You can check the application status from the same page where you opened the account by clicking “Check Status”. You can also send them messages in that portal. You may or may not get a Docusign request as well.
– Eventually, you should get a Welcome e-mail with your Member Number, which may/may not have an attached PDF file with your “Call24 PIN”. You need this PIN to signup for your Online Banking Login. The PIN is the last 4 of your SSN.
– You can request your own referral code once the account is funded.
– They do pull Chex, but there is no hard pull of your credit. Best of luck!
My referral code: P2K0419291613
Great bonus and appreciate if anyone uses my code 😄 .
Quick tip: if you didn’t submit ID, utility bill, and American Consumer Council certificate with your application, you can go back and upload the files. Just follow the original link as if you’re applying, but instead of “New Member Account” click on “Check Status.”
Very easy bonus over all, I don’t know how much longer they are gonna be able to keep it running considering how quickly this is spreading across the internet. It’s a pretty small credit union all things considered, they can’t have infinite money. I’d suggest trying to snag this quickly before it goes away.
Would be super grateful if you used my code 🙂
Referral code: P2K0424026602
I received my $100 bonus within 24 hours of my direct deposit posting to my checking account. I first applied for my accounts exactly one week ago, so I am grateful that the deposit and bonus both posted so quickly. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Fill out the application from the link on this page, and attach copies of your drivers license, American Consumer Council membership certificate, Social Security card or birth certificate, and proof of residency document to the application. If you don’t attach these documents to the application, they will likely ask you for them later on in order to approve you.
2. Make sure to add both Primary Savings and free Everyday Checking accounts.
3. On the pop up window that appears for your selected Everyday Checking account, make sure to exactly type or copy and paste in the referral code that you wish to use for your application. My referral code is here: P2K0424026602
4. Fund your accounts with a credit card if you can. Citi has posted as a purchase for me and others, so use a Citi credit card if you can. Bank of America CC’s also seem to work. I added $244 to checking and $5 to savings.
5. Submit your application. I don’t think anyone has been instantly approved for this account, so it will take a couple of business days for them to get back to you. If they ask for any documents from you, send them as soon as you can in image, not pdf, format as a reply to the secure email address that they write to you from.
6. Once they email you to let you know that your account has been opened, use your account and PIN numbers found in the attached pdf file to your email to enroll in online banking. Once I was able to do this, I was immediately able to link my account to Sofi Money to get a headstart on my direct deposit. My deposit posted to my checking account within 2 business days, and my bonus almost 24 hours after that.
If you found my post at all helpful to you, please consider using my referral code above to sign up for your Service Credit Union checking and savings accounts. Thanks very much in advance!
Great promo! Thank you for all of the details. I am going to apply right now and use Kara’s promo code since she was kind enough to alert us about this deal. Thank you!
Thanks, I really appreciate it!
My referral code: P2K0423554858
I highly recommend this bonus. It’s fairly easy to do, gets you access to great interest rates, 5% APY on the savings up to $500, 3% APY on the Holiday savings up to $3000, and costs you nothing. The fact you can collect unlimited referrals is a nice perk as well, and no household limit. The $100 bonus posts to your checking the same evening when your Direct Deposit, or mobile depositing a check works as well and is quicker.
They will ask for your ACC certificate, a copy of your ID, and proof of address/residency after you apply. They give you a list of what qualifies, and for most people, a utility bill will work. You can e-mail it, or just upload it as part of your application, or upload it later via the status portal. I recommend messaging them from the status portal if you pre-upload docs so they know to review them and helps getting your approval sooner. It also saves you time, because otherwise, you have to do it later. If you are in a unique situation where you do not have utilities in your name, they will work with you to find another suitable document to prove your address.
This referral code is used when you select the Everyday checking account, and the code will show on the final page before you submit the application. The question you are looking for is worded as: “Did a friend refer you through the Pays 2 Know Program?*”. Once you select Yes, it allows you to paste in my code: P2K0423554858. You do not need to fill in a promo code, as you are already being referred. Thank you in advance if you use my code.
Used your code, thanks!
Gadget - Bank Bonus Geek says
Thanks Andre… e-mail anytime if you want the scoop on bank bonuses! You know where to find me. 😁
Hi Max. Just got your email blast and read over this. I can confirm it works as described with regard to the mobile deposit triggering the bonus. I actually triggered it accidentally when transferring funds to my checking to put in my new 5% savings account. Very nice credit union and I plan on taking full advantage of the holiday savings club account as well. Good mobile app too.
My referral code is P2K0417095160 if anyone would be so kind as to use mine ;).