Trim Savings is a new free service from Trim that offers automated statement credits to your Visa credit or debit card when you connect your card, activate cash back coupons via Facebook Messenger, and make qualifying purchases on your card at participating retailers or in select shopping categories.
Plus, you can earn $40 in bonus statement credits on your everyday purchases when you sign up for Trim Savings for a limited time.
We’ve previously covered how Trim helps you Cancel Unwanted Credit Card Subscriptions, and now the new Trim Savings feature helps you save money on your everyday purchases.
How Trim Savings Works
1. Visit asktrim.com/savings to create a Trim account with Facebook or your email address (you must use Facebook Messenger to Activate the cash back coupons).
2. Visit “Savings” under the Menu in your Trim account and register your Visa credit card or Visa debit card with Trim Savings.
3. Once you register, Trim Savings will offer you cash back coupons via Facebook Messenger (you’ll receive about 1 offer per week).
4. Activate the cash back coupons that you want to use via the “Activate” button on Facebook Messenger.
5. After you’ve Activated the offers, you simply use your Visa card to make qualifying purchases.
6. Once you’ve made a qualifying purchase, the statement credits will be automatically applied to your Visa card account.
Please note that you’ll need a Facebook Messenger account in order to receive and activate cash back coupons from Trim Savings, and you’ll need a valid Visa card to connect to your Trim Savings account.
Trim Savings $40 in Bonus Coupons for New Users
Trim Savings is offering new users up to $40 in cash back coupons for a limited time, across your purchases on groceries, dining, shopping, and movies.
- Groceries: $1 statement credit on any purchase over $5 (you’ll receive 10 of these for a total of $10).
- Dining: $1 on any purchase over $5 (you’ll receive 10 of these for a total of $10).
- Movies: $10 on any purchase over $20 (you’ll receive only once).
- Shopping (possibly expired): $10 on any purchase over $50 (you’ll receive only once).
For example: You sign up for Trim Savings. They send you a $10 cash back coupon offer for Movies. You go to AMC Theatres and spend $20 on your Chase Visa Card. The moment after you swipe at the register, you’ll get a message saying “Trim saved you $10.” You’ll receive a statement credit for $10 on your Chase account.
Please note that these offers are only available while supplies last in the U.S.A. only, and the $10 Shopping statement credit may be expired at this time.
Grocery and restaurant locations are any U.S. grocery stores and restaurants. Not all grocery and restaurants are monitored by Visa. Delivery services are not eligible.
About Trim Savings Cash Back Coupons
With Trim Savings, you’ll get a deluge of cash back on everyday purchases when you connect your Visa card.
- There is no fee associated with Trim Savings.
- You must use an eligible U.S. issued Visa card enrolled in the Trim Savings program to make a qualifying purchase.
- If you use a Visa debit card, you must select “credit” or “cancel” and you must not use a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Once Trim Savings sends you an offer via Facebook Messenger, you will have the option to press an “Activate” button, or respond to the message by typing “Activate,” and you will be activated.
- Please allow for 5 to 7 days to receive your statement credit.
Trim Savings is a great way to earn some extra cash back as a statement credit for purchases that you are already making on your Visa card.
I would expect the special new account bonuses to go pretty quickly, and we’ll see how long offers will last in the future as more users start to use Trim Savings.
Sign up for Trim Savings for free to start earning bonus cash back for your everyday purchases.